- chapter 27 -

y/n and louis arrived at their destination.

"okay." y/n sighed, looking at the building. she turned to louis who looked the same as her. nervous.

"lets go." louis instructed. he opened the door for y/n, she smiled and walked in.

there were some people sitting in seats and there was a man at a desk with a sign-in clip board. y/n knew this man, he was always with max for auditions, and y/n knew exactly what she needed to do.

"hey, alex!" y/n smiled walking up to him at the desk, louis followed her. alex looked up and smiled. "y/n! nice to see you!"

they hugged over the desk and y/n turned to louis. "louis, this is alex, alex this is louis."

louis and alex shook hands and alex turned to back to y/n.

"you both here to sign in?"

y/n nodded and alex handed her the clip board, she handed it to louis. he furrowed his eyebrows but took it and started filling it out.

"where is he?" y/n asked alex, tilting her head to the side. alex laughed and shook his head. "down the hall, third door on your left."

y/n smiled at him, one last time and grabbed louis hand, dragging him with her down the hall.

"where are we going?" louis asked. louis was already confused when he saw that y/n knew who alex was already, now she was dragging him somewhere to find this 'him' she was asking alex about.

"we are going to find someone."

y/n stopped at the third door. she knocked, but didn't wait for a response. she slowly opened the door, peeking her head in.

max was sitting in a chair, with what looked like a script in his hand. y/n walked in, still dragging louis.

"you." y/n spoke, pointing a finger at him. max, who was expecting this, got up with a smile. max always liked y/n, he thought she was extremely talented for her age and he always knew she was going to be someone big. and she was.

"ah, i see you found me."

y/n and max stared at each other for a moment before laughing and pulling in each other for a hug. louis had absolutely no clue who this man was, but it seemed like he made y/n smile, so louis decided he liked him already.

while they were hugging, y/n remembered what she found him for. y/n pulled away from him, looked at him for a second, before slapping his chest with the back of her hand.

"i had to sue tmz because of you!"

max stared at y/n with a smile growing on his face. like she said before, max knew exactly what he was doing. max and ethan are close, so are him and y/n.

when y/n had started filming for shameless, most of her scenes were were ethan. some people would say that y/n and ethan were close, on and off set. max was one of these people, so of course when y/n had to leave the show so she could film for the order, he knew that when he had the opportunity, max would reunite the two.

"yeah, i know. sorry about that." he smiled sarcastically. y/n rolled her eyes. "just wanted to come up here to tell you, i know what you're doing."

"you do?"

"yes. and it needs to stop!" y/n laughed.

y/n wasn't upset. she actually thought it was kind of funny, but now, she wasn't so sure. it was affecting her and louis.

max sighed and nodded, he then noticed louis. "who's this?" he smiled, louis returned it. y/n smiled brightly and turned to louis.

"louis, this is max... we met when i worked on shameless... he was the one who casted me." y/n sighed. "max, this is louis. he's auditioning as well."

louis and max shook hands. immediately, max thought louis was perfect, louis was exactly the kind of person he was looking for to fit one of his roles... he just needed to see how he acted, and which role he was fit for.

as they were shaking hands, it began to click for louis. louis figured that if this was the man who casted y/n for shameless, then this is why she found out about faceless... it explains the names of the show. and it also explains why ethan was auditioning... so that means it was all max. louis was right.

"louis." max said, examining louis. "tell me, what role are you going for?"

louis knew, he knew he needed this role, and he wasn't going to let it slip away.

"jordan styne."

max nodded and rubbed his chin. "well. we'll just have to see then." he turned back to y/n and pointed at her. "now, i suppose since you strutted up in here," he paused as y/n stifled a laugh. "i suppose you both could head on down to the audition room. many people have gone already, those who arrived early, so we have much time for you two."

y/n nodded and looked over at louis, who was already looking at her with a smile. y/n always got her way.

"sounds good." y/n said. max looked down at both of their hands. "oh! i can take those, i need to review them."

max stuck out his hand and motioned to their folders. as the folders were handed to max, he almost instinctively went for louis folder. max already knew everything about y/n, and he most likely already knew that y/n was going to get the part. she was just that good.

but something about louis stuck out to max. he looked like the perfect jordan styne to max, he just needed to see him in action.

"okay, so you're gonna go further down the hall, to the left, and its the last room." max explained, setting y/n's folder down on his desk but keeping louis in his hand.

y/n nodded. max and louis shook hands again, and as they both turned around to walk towards the door, someone had just walked in.

"y/n."

"...ethan."

author speaks

okay, no social media this chapter 🙄
i'm thinking about scripting in the whole covid pandemic... i have a really good idea 😏🤲

what do you guys think? lmk. →
thank you for 21k, insane.

-