06

Warning: there's a small smut scene :)

"Calm down, breath," Mikasa said placing her hands on your shoulder as you kept crying against her chest. "Now, explain again what happened, the only thing I could understand was that you want to live here for a while."

"I'm sorry." You sobbed, Eren and Armin looked at you worried, they had never seen you in that state. You were known for your way to handle things, always trying to find a way to move on with a smile, and now you were desperately trying not to look pathetic in front of them. "Something bad happened, I got kicked out."

"What?!" Eren frowned, he had had a bad feeling about the whole situation, but he decided not to mention it because you had looked so happy in the past few months. "What happened?"

You wiped away your tears. "Remember that person I was living with?" You asked and they all nodded. "Let's say... he was not a family friend, I said that because it was the easiest way to put it." You sighed sitting up, Mikasa rubbed her hand on your back trying to comfort you. "Long story short, we got into a fight so I moved out." You shrugged.

Armin felt pity for you, first, your father refused to help you, then your... whatever that guy was, dumped you as well so now you were basically homeless. "We can work this out." He tried to cheer you up. "You still have your job and you can stay with us until we figure out a better place for you to stay."

You bit the inside of your cheek. "Except I don't." You replied and they all looked at you in surprise. "I... I can't explain what happened, it's just too much." You hugged your knees and snorted. "I'm sorry guys, but I think I reached the bottom."

"What do you mean?"

You forced a smile. "It's time for me to call my dad and tell him I'm ready to work for him and go back home." You muttered.

"No!" Your best friend exclaimed getting up.

"Eren." Mikasa glared at him. "You're not helping."

"Y/n, you can't give up like this! That's exactly what your father wanted in the first place! You'd rather go and stay there your whole life instead of trying to live your life?" He asked angrily. He looked at you, and he couldn't see the girl he liked so much, you were weak and broken, he wanted the old bold you. He passed his hands through his long brown hair. "We can make it work."

"Eren." You said softly. "Thank you for trying to cheer me up, but it's useless at this point. Not everyone was born with a rich and caring family." You looked down at the blanket of the bed. "You guys are the only family I have left."

Mikasa hugged you. "We'll take care of you, in the meantime think about what do you want to do." She offered and you gulped.

"I won't be able to afford the rent."

"Who gives a shit, seriously?" Eren folded his arms on his chest. "You can stay here for free as long as you wish." He then smiled and pulled you in for a hug. "We won't leave you."

"Thank you." You sobbed.

You should've felt safe and protected, but the only thing that you could think about was how good it would've felt to be in Levi's strong arms as he brushed your hair to calm you down. The only thing you could do was to sink your head in Eren's chest trying to feel something.

Only one thing was certain, they were the only people you could trust with your life, fuck your father and Levi. Fuck your stupid decisions and irrationality.

**
Almost a week had passed since you decided to end things with Levi, it had been rather hard for you to do... almost anything. Your friends were very worried about your mental health as you stopped going to classes and rarely ate anything, that wasn't a behavior they used to see in you since you loved food almost more than people.