Chapter 3: Deep

Jaylin and Jason spent 3-4 months together, getting to know each other, having fun, sharing stories, experiences, fights -siblings-. He 'moved in' after 1 month of figuring each other out.

After Jason let himself in almost every day when Jaylin was at work, she decided to move to a better place and decorate it. Now in the current apartment, slightly better than next to the crime alley, but further from the hospital, she had a decorated loft. Stairs that lead to bookshelves and a chair, walk right and there would be the TV.

Jason now officially lived there, though he didn't pay the rent he did do the chores while Jaylin was at work. Even though the two denied each time, when they went out together many would be convinced they were a couple and the white streaks were to match, or just twins. For relationships, Jason was straight but he wouldn't date his sister. Jaylin was aromantic and tomboy-ish, she would also unconsciously act flirtatious while trying to compliment people and would act more like a boyfriend/gentleman towards women in general. A strange habit she picked up.

Jason was feeling so lucky when he didn't meet any of his siblings on the streets, it would be weird. Jaylin was feeling lucky that she encountered none of the bats including red hood even though he was with her in civilian clothes.

Jason would usually leave at 8 and return at 2-4 when Jaylin would head out, but sometimes he wouldn't return at all or appear in the afternoon when she returned from work. Jaylin was never worried as she knew his identity, the dangers and worries that came with it, she didn't blame him. Thing was, she never confronted him as he never confronted her about her disappearances. Friday's were their game nights, except for the 4 nights Jaylin had to go out for fights.

◊◊◊

One afternoon Jaylin returned home, Jason was next to the bookshelves. "Welcome home," he greeted.

"Hn," she said, placing all the shopping bags and her work down. Tired she dropped on the couch. "Re-energize me," she commanded.

Jason sighed and placed aside his book. Turning on the music he went downstairs towards the kitchen preparing coffee for his sister, he knew how hard and tired she would be after work, including the sleepless nights which he compared to Tim. He notices, after all, he did spend 2 months under her roof. "You need a break, from all this, and sleep," he says after handing her the coffee.

"How am I going to provide for you since you sorta moved in here," Jaylin replies, taking a sip.

Jason turns sheepish as the assessment, "I'll cook."

The young female raises her coffee as a toast, "and it is delicious, thank you for that-."

"Okay, Coconut man, Moon Heads, and Pea. You ready?" They heard Jessie J's voice through the Bluetooth speaker.

Jaylin smirked and placed down her empty coffee mug sang along to the song,

"Seems like everybody's got a price,

I wonder how they sleep at night

When the sale comes first

And the truth comes second.

Just stop for a minute and smile

Why is everybody so serious?

Acting so damn mysterious?

Got your shades on your eyes

And your heels so high

That you can't even have a good time

Everybody look to their left (yeah)

Everybody look to their right

Can you feel that (yeah)