Chapter 13: Babies

So I wanted to publish this for a while only felt that something was lacking, hope you enjoy it.

After Jaylin recovered from her cold, she noticed that on her last day of being sick, Jason and Cass hadn't visited which had worried her as they had come and take care of her since she caught a cold.

Trying to not worry herself much, she went to work as usual and came home early morning as usual. Dr. Roberts was worried even after Danny had said that she was fine and some trouble occurred in China. So, as punishment, she had to do more work for other employees, some were rejected, some wanted her to get in trouble more.

So, after the day passed, she tried to contact her brother. When no reply came, she targeted Cass. Nothing. So she tried calling the other batboys, none answered. Jaylin would've called Bruce if he hadn't informed the whole team that he had an urgent mission to complete that specific week, weeks ago.

After hours of waiting, Jaylin said "fuck it," grabbing her keys and helmet leaving the loft in a hurry.

"You have gotta be kidding me," Jaylin said bewildered at the sight in front of her, kids. Fucking kids! Wearing masks and costumes too big for them making them look like rags.

Once Jaylin set foot inside the bat cave, she had seen how messy it was on a normal day -even with Alfred's daily cleaning-, but it was messier than usual. Alfred always cleaned so what happened, an attack? Later than that, a kid was standing in front of a board with Bat-dad's photo.

"Fata," said a composed small and low voice. The fuck?

"Oldtimer!" Shouted another older voice but familiar.

"Bruce," said a tired yet recognizable voice, Tim's.

The fuck was going on? "Nope! I said 'dad'. C'mon it's just one syllable," now that the kid had spoken, it was clear to be Dick with that humor and tone. Meaning that the first baby voice could be Damian the second Jason. Keyboard typing sound, Tim.

Jaylin called out hesitantly still mounted on her bike, "guys?"

What happened in front of her was something she wouldn't ever have thought of. Well, she did had that dream but the dream was a nightmare, it just happened to have been realized.

Her eyes widened at the state of the Bat-kids. They weren't hurt but turned into actual bat-kids or bat-babies! Life in the cave was never peaceful, not interesting, or not chaotic, much less not troublesome. Everywhere they went, they brought trouble along.

The bat-kids stopped what they were doing when they heard her voice. Facing Jaylin with bright grins, sans Damian who had a smirk, they dropped whatever they were doing, they yelled whilst running/crawling towards her, "Jaylin!"

Seeing the younger versions of her brothers run towards her without the intention of stopping, Jaylin was frightened. Jaylin aka Kim, vigilante, helps the injured and deals with troublesome patients by day whiles fighting criminals by night, was scared of bat-kids. But, in another hand, her attitude and reactions were clearly justified, and clearly understandable due to the fact that they were raised by the Batman, and were kids, little demons that come from hell.

Starting her own bike by instinct she drove to the other side of the cave dodging their little hands last minute. "Stay!" She shouted.

The kids pouted but obeyed. "Sit," she continued.

Tim was smart and questioned it, "but there's a floor."

She stared directly at him as he complained making his voice smaller and smaller as the sentence continued as he as well the others obeyed and sat on the ground. Dick had gone to pick Damian up so he could sit on his lap. Tim was now playing on the phone, Damian and Jason were arguing while Dick was watching amused without the intention of stopping.