s e v e n t e e n

• • •

𝕣𝕦𝕕𝕪

Sydney has barely left her room for the past week.

When she does adventure out of it on the rare occasion— she's either throwing her dirty clothes into the laundry or grabbing a snack from the pantry... nothing else. None of us have spoken to her except for Madelyn, and she has even barely gotten a full sentence out of her. Madelyn drops off her meals when she know that she hasn't eaten.

We know when she hasn't eaten because when she has, her section of the pantry is missing a packet of TimTams. I go out to buy her some more every two days to replace it.

I tried sending her messages after she stopped talking to me— I stopped after the first couple of days, though. It's a little exhausting when you're left with nothing but un-read text messages... I just wished she'd talk to me about it.

I know that it has something to do with her label and the fact that they didn't approve of the songs. Ever since her first studio session shit's gone downhill so it would make sense. I knew that she tried to explain it to me the first couple of times, but after that she just gave up. I know she has problems with being open, but I wish that she would just give me a chance. It's only me— Rudy Pankow, practically harmless and completely hopeless when it comes to a certain blonde girl with an Australian accent that is named after a city.

"You okay, bro?" Chases voice snaps me out of my thoughts, making me turn to him.

I adjust my seating on the couch and clear my throat, looking back up to the TV. "Yeah, fine." I briefly respond, chewing on the inside of my cheek.

Everyone else was out tonight, Chase and I were the only ones home... well, expect for Syd, but that's different. We both decided on just having a movie night as there was nothing else to do. I kept spacing out though, I was worried about Sydney.

He lets out a sigh. "Doubt it, you missed the good part of the movie. Last time I checked, the screen is in front of you, not down the hall and at Sydney's door." he deadpans, making me roll my eyes.

I knew that he was only trying to help cheer me up... Chase is good for that, but I had too much floating around my head to even focus on one thing.

"Chase, we're only like thirty minutes into the movie... how can we already be up to the good part?" I say, stuffing my face with a handful of the popcorn between us.

He lets out a scoff. "The hot one was in a bikini!"

As soon as he says that, I pinch my eyes shut and refrain from throwing the remote at his stupid head of blonde highlights. "Jesus, Chase—"

"No, no!" he says, turning to me. "Don't start with that shit."

"Dude, you have a girlfriend."

"That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to respectfully look at her knockers... it's Kelly Rohbach, for god sakes. If Madelyn was here I'm sure she'd be staring at Zac Efron's abs and drooling at Dwayne Johnson's bald head." he says matter of factly. "It's Baywatch, this movie was practically made for people to drool over."

I pause. "Did you just say his bald head?"

"Yes," he confirms, making me laugh. "If you run a rag over it I'm sure it would make squeaking sounds." he jokes, pretending to rub a rag over someone's head and making high-pitch squealing noises.