t w e n t y - s e v e n

• • •

𝕤𝕪𝕕𝕟𝕖𝕪

"You're a genius, Syd," Kelsie smiles as she scrolls through her phone. "A fucking musical genius." she adds.

I shake my head and let out a chuckle, feeling my cheeks turn a little red. "Thank you, Kelsie... did Jacob like the songs?"

This trip was meant to be my last hope at inspiration- and it sure did come through. I know I still have a whole week left here in Australia, but I've already written a whole heap of songs that could fill out a whole album or two. The melodies and lyrics are literally flowing out of me... it's crazy.

Kelsie sent a few demo's of her favourite songs to Jacob to show him the progress I've made. He's only just opened them, but by Kelsies reaction I'm hoping that he liked them.

"Liked them?" she scoffs, turning her phone off and sliding it into her pocket. "Mate, he loves them! He said that you're getting straight into the studio to record once you get back to LA. These songs are definitely top 5 worthy in the charts."

"Top 5?" I question. "I don't know, Kels... they're a bit different to what I've come out with in the past. I don't think the fans will like it."

"Yes, it's different— but that's what they want! They've been craving change for a while and this is your chance to do it... it's a new era." she tells me, a grin practically printed on her face at this point. It was genuine, I could tell that she was really proud of me.

"Thank you," I sheepishly say. "Maybe a change will be good..."

She takes a couple steps towards me and places her hand on my shoulder. "Don't doubt yourself, buddy. Your fans love you, they'd still hype you up if you came out with the worst song ever."

I chuckle and shake my head. "You're not wrong."

She throws her arms in the air, joining me in laughing. "Told ya!"

• • •

imessage.com

chase omg

chase
omg

austin
sydney wtf

drew
this is a hate crime

chase
is it because i look like debby ryan? is that why you're ignoring us

jonathan
i will take a shit on ur front doorstep

austin
open tf up u whore