Ch.14 - Detonation

Ch.14 - Detonation

As the second match of the semi-finals commenced, the crowd's roar being a constant, Senshi was walking lethargically to Recovery Girl's office. The girl knocked on the door lightly, hearing a muffled "Come in." from the other side. Senshi walked in and was immediately greeted by Recovery Girl.

"Oh hello dearie, I've been expecting you to come. Just take a seat on the bed here." Recovery Girl said, pointing to a hospital looking bed. Senshi did just that, and was extremely tempted to fall asleep.

Recovery Girl placed a kiss on Senshi's cheek, healing the girl as she did so; also giving Senshi a new jacket. Senshi's attention was more drawn to the TV on the wall, which was currently playing the sports festival. Bakugo and Tokoyami were fighting, yet it seemed that Bakugo had the upper hand. Thus far Tokoyami's dark shadow seemed to be one of the best quirks here, yet Bakugo's explosions seemed to be the kryptonite to the shadow. Yet even with that disadvantage, Tokoyami seemed to still be putting up somewhat of a fight.

Tokoyami was on the defensive, which was something he hadn't been since the start of the tournament. Of course Bakugo was shouting insults as he forced the bird boy to surrender with a blinding explosion. It turned out that Tokoyami's weakness was light, and explosions had a lot of light.

So this was it, Bakugo vs Senshi, the final showdown. Senshi didn't have much of a plan, but she could think of a way to counter his moves; especially since she'd been training with the boy for the past two weeks. Bakugo would most likely want to blow Senshi away, and that would be a problem seeing as gases can pass through Senshi's fields. If Senshi tried to trap Bakugo in a force field, he would most likely break it; there were multiple ways her fields could break, being over filled, or simply too worn down. 

Bakugo also knew most of Senshi's moves, yet what he saw Senshi do in her previous match was something he'd never seen before. Both knew each other's fighting style well, and only time could tell if it would work out well enough. Though Senshi was tired, and seeing as her quirk ran on her energy/vitality, it would leave her at a disadvantage.

So, who would win? That was the question everyone wanted to know, people standing in cities watching the electronic billboards, people at home watching on their TVs, or even people watching the matches on trains; people wanted to know.

"It's time for the final match sports fans! And I know this is going to be good! Please welcome the king of colterol damage, Bakugo Katsuki!-" Bakugo walked out onto the concrete stage, his face in a deep scowl. " And the queen of capturing, Tate Senshi!" Senshi walked out onto the stage, with a focused look on her face.

"Let the final match of the sports festival, begin!"

Senshi was the first to attack, sending discs of energy at the boy like a swarm of bees. The discs were thin and actually rather flimsy, but that was to savour Senshi's energy. Bakugo was blowing them up while screaming "Damn it!", Senshi's hand remaining outstretched in Bakugo's direction.

Running towards the boy was her next movement, still firing discs at Bakugo as his explosions broke them. Then, Senshi trapped him in a dome, one that was just about his height and width; meaning it was extremely claustrophobic. Senshi wasn't expecting to win from that, Bakugo was too stubborn to lose that quickly.

The ground began to shake in intervals, Bakugo's explosions being the reason. The smoke created escaping the dome, yet even if Present Mic contemplated this being the end, the dome shattering ended his sentence. Senshi knew it was going to happen, but it was okay,

if he was going to use his quirk this much, he was never going to win.

Both charging forwards, Bakugo using his explosions as fuel, Senshi using her energy, both met in the middle. Bakugo going to punch Senshi, yet feinting at the last moment, propelling over her.