Special Chapter 3

Shuichi Saihara had a crush.

And Valentines Day was tomorrow, giving Shuichi the perfect opportunity to confess his feelings.

The only problem was that they had never made any contact before. It was as one-sided as they came.

So Shuichi felt pretty weird as he was writing a love note. Yet he didn't make any motion of stopping. 

Shuichi stoped writing and taped the pencil against his chin as a smile appeared. He remembered the first time he layed eyes on him. The first time he layed eyes on the love of his life.

It was a beautiful sunny afternoon and Shuichi had been feeling down. After all, his favorite Danganronpa charecter had died, so he had a good reason as to why he felt that way. But it all changed when he layed eyes on him.

Kokichi Ouma, the most beautiful person to ever exist.

He was sitting on a park bench, a sketchbook layed on his lap. He was looking around the scenery, trying to decide on what he would sketch next. A small smile appeared as he settled on a tree not too far away.

Shuichi felt as if light had been brought upon his world. The smile of the boy seemed to have brought him indescribable joy. The feeling was hard to describe, all he knew was that he was the one.

After that encounter, Shuichi was smiling the whole day.

Now, Shuichi sat on his desk, writing a letter for Kokichi. After asking around, he had figured out who the boy was exactly.

"Ko-ki-chi." Saying the name felt nice and natural. "Kokichi. Kokichi, the love of my life."

He re-read the letter, making sure that everything was perfect. He carefully placed it inside an envelope, sealing it shut in a swift movement. He held the letter against his chest, smiling like an idiot.

"I wonder..." Shuichi leaned against his chair, looking up at his ceiling. "How he'd look like if despair affects his life."

Shuichi didn't consider himself weird for thinking like that, he was merely curious. The concept of hope and despair had always interested him, seeing as that seemed to be the main focus of Danganronpa. But he had always wondered:

How would someone with great hope and despair look like?

And maybe his obsession with finding someone with great hope made him a Nagito kinnie, but he liked to believe he was normal.

Now, he had found the person he had been searching for. The minute he had seen that smile, he knew that Kokichi carried great hope inside him.

All that was left was to inflict great despair.

He placed the envelope contact the letter on the side of his desk and took out a notepad. He needed to come out with a plan. A plan to reach his goal.

Night quickly came, but Shuichi was too busy writing to notice or to even care.

-----------------------

Shuichi spent all morning looking for Kokichi.

He didn't know where he was, nor did he have any way to find out. So, all he could do was walk around aimlessly and hope for the best.

Apparently, it seemed as if Nagito was with him.

He found Kokichi sitting on a bench, eating an icecream bar. He seemed relaxed, as if he were in peace. Shuichi thought he looked beautiful.

He hid behind a tree, letter clutched in hand. He was quite nervous, something that didn't really happen often. He could feel the pounding in his chest, the heat rushing to his face.

"Enough Shuichi." He whispered to himself, hoping to create self-motivation. "You can do this. You just got to give him the letter. Yea, that's all I have to do."

Shuichi nodded and stepped out, walking over to where Kokichi sat. He couldn't help it. He was just too beautiful.

Shuichi felt excitement like never before. He couldn't keep the large grin off his face as he looked down at Kokichi. It created quite the impression.

"Can I help you?" Kokichi asked, trying to be polite as well as trying to hide how uncomfortable he was.

"Ah.. K-Kokichi." Shuichi froze, letter still in hand. He couldn't do it. He was too much of a coward to do so. "I-I'm sorry for bothering you!" He bowed his head and quickly ran off.

Kokichi blinked twice in confusion. "Okay then... so that happened."

-----------------------

"I still need to give him the letter, but I can't freeze up again like that." Shuichi bit his nail in thought as he spun on his chair, thinking up of a possible solution. "Oh, I know! I can just leave it somewhere for him to find! But... where exactly?"

Shuichi shrugged. "I'll leave it at his house. Yea! That's a good idea!" He giggled like a girl and clutched the letter to his chest, acting like a girl in love.

He stood up excitedly, a determined expression on his face. "If I go there now, he should still be on that bench. I should probably go now, I wouldn't want him there when I get there. I just need to place the letter in his mailbox and get out of there, easy peasy!"

How did he know Kokichi's address? That would be a story for another time. For now, all Shuichi could focus on how quickly his feet could run. He was panting by the time he saw the house.

He looked around, trying to spot the right mailbox. His face lit up as he spotted it, running over to it as quickly as he could allow.

"This is it." He whispered to himself as he opened it. He looked at the letter and smiled, kissing it gently before placing it inside. He closed it as he whispered, "Happy Valentine's Day my love."

-----------------------

Kokichi stared down at a letter that was addressed to him, sweating nervously. He didn't know who had sent it or why it had been sent. What scared him the most was the fact that it wasn't signed, as well as the fact that they had known where he lived.

He hugged his body, shivering slightly.

"Why... don't I feel safe anymore?"