𓆩ᥫ𝟏᭡𓆪

╭──╯ . . . .𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪. . . . ╰──╮

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈On any normal day technoblade would appreciate the summer, sure he liked the winter more

On any normal day technoblade would appreciate the summer, sure he liked the winter more. But there was never anything wrong with the warm season. However, today was different. Today he was coughing as he rode on A horse into A village, hearing screams echo across the rubble and chaos of the broken homes.

He tried his best to keep focused, to not let the weeping and pleading to get to him. He had heard it all before. But it still wasn't helping. This wasn't supposed to happen, he was just exploring and happened to come across A burning village. What else could he do?

The blade was A merciless killer, A man with no soul or empathy. But Techno wasn't, no matter how hard he tried to hide it he felt empathy for every living being he came across. From the smallest bunny to the largest dragon.

However he had arrived too late, the fire had gone out. The screams of the villagers were his imagination, they had died. If only he had arrived sooner he could have prevented it- he could have saved himself from the sinking feeling of dread coursing through his body. But he was too late.

He hopped off his horse and walked through the village. One couldn't call it that anymore, it had been reduced to ash and soot, all that remained of the houses were rubble and charcoal. He kneeled down to the ground and picked up A small piece of silver that caught his eye. The sight of the object almost made him break down, it was A small dog tag, it was scraped and worn. A name was engraved on it, 'Roger'

His mind filled with made up memories of an animal he had never even met. His mind was swarming and filled with regret and guilt, the voices were no help either. Their persistent chants racked and pounded on his head, like Athena hammering on the inside of Zeus' brain to make her escape. It felt like his head would collapse in on itself any moment now.

But suddenly the voices disappeared, as if they just poofed into A cloud and left. For A moment his brain couldn't comprehend it, a dilemma that escaped his grasp. But he understood why very soon.

He could hear something very faintly. It wasn't loud but it was there, instead of the faint crackling of embers he heard A small cry. It was barely audible but his chest swelled. Techno immediately got up and began to run in the direction of the cries. He prayed, hoped, that this wasn't his mind playing another twisted trick on him. And to his luck. It wasn't.

There in the rubble of A church a baby sat. Their face scrunched up in distaste, and their wails permeated through the collapsed building. A small cloth was wrapped around their body, it put the small creature in A swaddle.

Techno walked up to them and took A peek at their face. There were small cuts on it but nothing major, well for A baby the cuts were major but he could fix them. Charcoal and ash was smeared across their face like war paint.