| 5 |

I sighed as I finished buttoning up the white shirt Sunghoon had bought for me, for when something fancy would be happening. Surprisingly all the clothes fit, except for the shoes. They were too big, so I had taped myself into them. Which sorta worked, to an extend.

I finished getting ready before pulling my hair back in a low ponytail as I walked down to the kitchen and grabbed the tray, I had prepared with two wineglasses and wine. I didn't get a chance to grab it before I heard a knock on the front door.

I quickly rushed out in the front hall and opened the door and stepped to the side, letting the man in. He was in his 40's, a few grey hairs struck out in his dark hair as I bowed at him, and he bowed his head back.

"You must be new," he commented at me.

"I am," I nodded at him, "do you know your way around?"

"I'm afraid not," he shook his head with a smile.

"I'll show you to the office," I hummed and closed the door behind him before gesturing for him to follow after me up the stairs.

I stopped outside the office and knocked on the door, waiting for the cold 'yes?' that soon echoed out and I opened the door.

"Mr. Park, your business aquintance is here," I spoke up and let the elderly man step inside and Sunghoon immediately stood up to greet him.

"You didn't have to show him up here, he knows his way," Sunghoon pointed out and I just nodded at him, "you can go get the wine."

"I will," I nodded before exiting the office.

I suddenly felt so stupid for showing the man up to the office, even though he said he didn't know his way around. I kept on cursing myself under my breath as I went down to the kitchen and picked up the tray once again before returning to the office.

The two already sat by the desk and discussed something. I quietly placed the two wineglasses on the table and poured a glass for both of them.

"Miss Jung, mr. Kwon prefers a bit bigger glass than usual," Sunghoon spoke up and I silently nodded before pouring a bit more in the elder man's glass.

I grabbed the tray and retrieved to stand by a wall as I silently stood and watched their meeting and listened to whatever business inquiries they were discussing.

At one point mr. Kwon had said something that had made Sunghoon look out of his window. I had quickly caught mr. Kwon doing something to Sunghoon's wine glass, what he did I'm not sure. But I had a bad feeling about it.

"Miss Jung, you don't want wine?" mr. Kwon turned to me.

"I don't drink," I softly spoke as Sunghoon waved me off.

"She's not allowed to drink on the job," Sunghoon excused and lifted his glass up to his lips.

An instinct in me had quickly reached over and grabbed the glass from his hand making him look at me in disbelief with an arched brow. Almost as if I had robbed him from his drug and he was utmost offended by my action. I realized what I had done and looked at the wine glass in fear. Instinctively I reached over and poured the wine out in the nearest plant and almost as if it was a cartoon, the leaves, that the wine had touched, slowly began to etch away.

"I believe mr. Kwon should be going," I spoke calmly as I looked back at the two.

Sunghoon sat with an, now, utmost surprised look on his face as mr. Kwon sat with a glare on his face, directing it straight at me. If looks could kill, I would be dead, buried, sent to heaven, then down to hell, and then even further down than hell.

"Now," I finished in a stern way before placing the wine glass back on the tray, "unless... you'd like to try once more?"

"Then you drink it," he challenged with a sharp look.

"I'm afraid I'm not allowed to drink on the job sir," I shook my head, "it seems you'll have to leave then. Shall I follow you out?"

"I think it's in it's place that mr. Kwon show himself out," Sunghoon spoke up and I looked over to him, he held a stern and cold look on mr. Kwon who slowly stood up.

"I hope to be seeing you again miss Jung," mr. Kwon bowed to me and I just hummed, "hopefully in more intimate cases next time."

"I'm afraid miss Jung is not involved in my business inquires, she's just a maid," Sunghoon stated, "now if you'll leave."

Sunghoon gestured to the door and mr. Kwon looked to me one last time before moving towards the door and slamming it behind him as he left.

"How'd you know?" Sunghoon turned to me immediately.

"I saw him do something to your glass when you weren't looking," I shrugged and placed the two wine glasses back on the tray as he walked over to his window and looked out over the path in front of the house, "my guess is some sort of acid."

"Don't go out to the kitchen yet," he spoke up as I lifted the tray from the table.

"And why is that?" I questioned him making him glance over at me.

"I'm not gonna thank you," he spoke up.

"Didn't count on it, to be honest," I muttered to myself.

"I'm gonna save you as well," he stated as he frowned down at the path in front of him, "and I'm not letting you go out of this office before I have seen mr. Kwon exit the house."

"I can fend for myself, thank you," I hummed before walking over to the door.

"Miss Jung, you're not leaving unless you want a cut in your raise," Sunghoon raised his voice, making me straighten up from opening the door with my elbow.

"What'd you say?" I questioned him in shock.

"If you leave this room, I will cut your salary to the half of what it was when you came here," he stated in a cold manner as he turned to me.

"Then I would have to work here for a year," I pointed out to him.

"You either take my offer for help right now, or you have to work here for as long as it'll take for you to get the money you need," he stated, "you've worked here for a month so far, and I can prolong it to a whole year if I want it to. It's all about how much you get paid."

"You know what... I think mr. jerk is more suitable for you than mr. Park," I stated making him let out a bitter laugh.

"You want it to be two years?" he arched a brow at me, not showing any amusement in his face.

"I'll shut up now," I hummed and closed my mouth tightly whilst I patiently waited for Sunghoon to tell me I could go down to the kitchen once again.