Chapter 11 - Long Awaited Discussions

-Swearing-

———————————————————————

Tuesday 7th  July

It was late evening and Harry Styles, against his better judgement, was leaning against the living room wall, blatantly eavesdropping on the conversation that was about to ensue.

Niall, Liam and Zayn sat around the kitchen island. Louis had long ago retreated to his bedroom, leaving the three other boys to talk. Harry guessed that he hadn't been involved in the conversation because they thought he was still asleep.

He knew that he could, should, announce himself and join in the conversation, but part of him wanted to know what they would say if they didn't know he was there.

Liam spoke first.

"We need to talk." He announced, rubbing his eyes with one hand and fiddling with a loose thread on his jumper with the other.

"Look, I'm not complaining in the slightest that the band is getting back together, I've been wanting it to happen for years, but this thing with Louis and Simon needs to be sorted out. And with Harry."

"I agree. I've been waiting for you and the other bastards to get your asses in gear for ages."
It was Niall who spoke this time and Harry could've sworn he heard Zayn's eyes roll.

Liam shook his head, a smile pulling up the corners of his mouth.

Liam sighed, his expression once again serious.
"As far as the Harry and Louis thing goes," he said slowly, choosing his words carefully, "You guys know we can't get involved. It's a conversation that they need to have. Alone."

"We know. Anne said as much,"
Harry felt his eyebrows raise. His mother and sister had returned home a week ago. They had cried upon leaving, but Harry had sent them on their way with a kiss and a promise to call them every day.
Zayn continued. "How much of a conversation can they even have?" He asked. "I mean, Louis is Louis so I have no doubt he doesn't care that he broke his NDA with us, but if Simon finds out he told Harry, things could go to shit."

"Louis will do the right thing Z." Niall said soothingly. "And even if he does tell Harry, we can still pretend that Harry is none the wiser. We just need to let them sort it out themselves."

Liam nodded in agreement, but Zayn still seemed anxious.

"What about Lottie? I know that she had to sign one too, but I guess it doesn't apply to her talking to Lou?" Zayn asked, chewing his bottom lip, his forehead scrunched together in thought.

"No. I wouldn't have thought so. He should see her soon. If he does tell Harry, she needs to know that it's not her fault."

Harry stopped listening.
His head was spinning and silently wished he could leave.
Unfortunately, walking away and pretending nothing happened wasn't an option anymore - not with the band getting back together.

How the hell had one visit to his friends performance turned into this shit storm so quickly?

His head pounded in pain and he covered it with a hand, wincing.

He knew what he had to do.
It did not make him like it anymore.

Before he could stop, harry found himself stood outside of a bedroom door. He hadn't been to this part of the house since the viewing, but knew exactly who occupied it.

Building up the courage and desperately hoping that he was asleep, Harry knocked on the door.

He waited a few seconds and upon hearing nothing, blew out a breath of relief and turned around.
He was already beginning to walk away when light footsteps sounded from the other side of the door. It was thrown, not so gracefully open, casting the dim hallway in an off-white light.