Chapter 1 A New World

He looks down onto his new world. Thankful to of been lucky enough to find a green earth ripe with life. Growing fond of the people that inhabit it, as he views them from a distance. They remind him of his people, no wings and much more primitive, but similar nonetheless. Maybe that's a good thing that they're more primitive. Maybe he can be there to help them not make the same mistakes that his people did. It would be hard to do alone though.
   Sitting upon a boulder in the mouth of a cave, he ponders. The sun begins to splash over the ridge, making its way down to the opening, perched far up the side of the mountain. As he looks down and watches a small village far below, the light creeps towards him.
   The sun finds something amongst his feet and the cave floor, glistening off of it. The glimmer catches his eye. He reaches out for it and finds something not like the surrounding stone, embedded within. Taking a small rock, he smashes the hard prison, freeing the shiny gem. He admires the beauty of the quartz shimmering in the sunlight and in his mind.
   He wonders what other treasures this earth holds. What if he were to breath life into it. Beautiful protecters of and from this world. He wouldn't have to protect it alone after all.