𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

We saved Eren. Hannes was dead. Reiner, Bertholdt, and Ymir escaped. Erwin lost an arm. I was tired as shit, and the sunlight peeking through the open window was aggravating me to no end.

"Can someone close the curtains?" I shout out into the empty room. I huff out an irritated breath when no one answers.

Last night, while still unconscious, I was moved into a random room in the medic wing at HQ inside the walls of Wall Sina. The door was open wide, letting me see the nurses and doctors that passed by every few minutes.

"Guess I'll have to do it myself," I say annoyed. Let's just say I was surpassing Levi's level of morning grumpiness right now.

I weakly shove the covers off to reveal my body that just had a flimsy pair of shorts and a T-shirt on it. Wait. Who the fuck changed me?

I narrowed my eyes at the clothes and pinched the material away from my body, inspecting it. The clothes looked familiar and I could tell from the worn-out material that they were old. I just shrug to myself, going with the thought that a random nurse changed me out of my uniform from yesterday.

I swing my feet off the cot I was resting on and touch my bare feet to the wooden floors below me. Going up to stand and walk across the room to the windows, as anyone would successfully, I drop to the ground in a heap. I shot my hands out startled and caught myself before I could faceplant to the floor.

I sway to the side and hold my feet up to see them still asleep. I grab at it, only to feel a pins and needles sensation running through my useless limbs.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I whine out while punching my legs in annoyance. "Stupid fucking legs- always falling asleep- fuck them- fuck legs, I hate it here..." I grumble while crawling over towards the far wall where the window hung.

I wait a few more seconds on the floor to try and stand up, and I do with ease, but I steady myself by grabbing onto the window's edge to keep me balanced as a wave of sudden dizziness crashes over me. I guess I lost more blood yesterday than I thought.

I let out a whimper of pain when my head starts to throb softly like yesterday. My hands grip onto the ledge of the window again, my knuckles turning white to keep my body standing.

"You're not going to jump, are you?"

My head whips around to see Levi dressed casually and sporting a blank look.

I turn my head back to the window, looking at the number of Scouts milling around in the courtyard.

"I don't know, jumping from this height might not do the trick," I say smoothly with a grin.

Levi lets out a tch from beside me and I hear the soft patter of his feet on the floorboards to the room creak softly.

"Shouldn't you be in bed?" He askes in a bored tone, but I could tell he was vaguely mad that I wasn't resting at the moment.

"Yes, I should be," I bite out with a scowl. "But these curtains were fucking-

"Language."

"These bitchass," I ignore Levi's glare burning into the back of my head, "curtains were open and no one came to close them!" I huff out, still mad and annoyed that the said curtains were still open. I shot my arms up and whipped the curtains closed, but I guess I shut them so harshly that it caused them to fall off the metal bar that held them up.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I say, repeating my phrase from earlier.

"Idiot," Levi mutters under his breath, but still loud enough for me to hear. I just stare down at the fallen curtains with a sullen look, but I'm quick to release a smile when I see Levi's hands pick the curtains up and place them back over the window, shutting them softly.