𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"Y/n, you're with me. Let's go." I nod towards Levi and give Mikasa a quick hug, leaving her to take care of Armin and Jean who were posing as Historia and Eren inside of the warehouse.

"Make sure not to overdo it, Levi," I say to the shorty as we swing through the city in our ODM gear, motion to his leg. 

"Tch, I already told you, I'm fine," Levi grumbles out but shoots me a reassuring look with a tired smile when I don't reply.

"Still, don't do too much," I say sternly. Levi just lets out a deep chuckle.

I ignore him with an eye roll, but I speak up again when a question pops up in my mind. "Will we really be fighting people now? Like full-on killing them?"

Levi turns his head towards me as we round a corner. His face was emotionless again, like usual. He nods to me. I don't say anything.

I wasn't really all for the idea to go from killing titans to killing both them and humans, but if it was to make sure Eren, and Historia, were safe, then so be it.

After traveling for a few more minutes we finally landed on a roof next to the redhead messenger from before. She was a pretty woman, close to Levi and Hanji in age, and she was actually the one to tell us that the MP was after all of us.

We all greet each other before looking at the wagon that held Eren and Historia in it with watchful eyes from above. They were hauled up right now with a crowd of citizens waiting to get their rations that the King so humbly offered them.

While watching the wagon I began to think to myself. With the successful kidnapping of "Eren" and "Historia" from before, it seemed too professional for the MP regiment soldiers to do it. These weren't armatures we were dealing with right now. So... who were we dealing with?

"Y/n, what're you thinking?" Levi asked from beside me. His gaze was attentive, switching back from my narrowed eyes and to the transport wagon holding Eren and Historia.

I hesitate, wondering if my suspicions were too out of place. "I was just thinking that the Military Police are really outdoing themselves right now. Usually, they can't do shit, but right now they're not doing so bad. Don't you find that odd?"

I turn back to Levi to see him with a thoughtful face, going over the words I just said.

"Y/n, remember when I told you about Kenny the Ripper?" My thoughts went back to the time when Levi told me all about his past and how he lived with a guy named Kenny for part of his childhood.

"Yeah, the man that- Get down!" I yelled out to Levi and the redhead beside us. Levi immediately throws his body over mine, blocking me from any stray bullets coming out way. The other scout, however, was not so fortunate; her blood splattered the white chimney next to her, her body lying limp on the brown shingles on the roof.

I looked up from under Levi to see a man wearing ODM gear, but it was slightly different than mine, and sporting a hat covering half of his face.

"That fucker..." I trail off, pushing Levi off of me and heading towards the man that just killed the woman, but Levi grabs me around the middle and pulls me behind cover.

"Don't be stupid, Y/n!" Levi chides me in an authoritative tone. I just let out an agitated tch but stayed hidden behind the chimney with him.

"Yo, Levi. Have you grown any yet?" The man speaks and I hear him reloading whatever he used to shoot at us. I whip my head to Levi.

"You know that guy?!" I ask disbelievingly.

Levi doesn't answer as his eyes widen open a fraction as if he was processing something.