Eight

"Zeno!" Lance yelled as he walked through the room. He got a notification for both the message Raven sent and the confirmation of his acceptance to Earth, but he was more focused on the message. 

"Blue?" Zeno asked when he saw Lance's elated face. "Did something happen?" He asked. 

"Fuck yeah, it did!" Lance laughed, causing every agent in the vicinity to freeze. The other Paladins looked at him with smiling faces, considering they saw him like this before. Zeno looked equal mixes of happy and scared, and Brick was excited to see Blue so open and happy. 

Lance thrust the phone into Zeno's hand, letting him read through the message. 

"It's from Raven, right before he disappeared," Lance explained. 

"Holy shit, what the hell is a Rank 11?" Zeno asked. 

"Fuck if I know, but this makes me the senior agent compared to Garnet!" Zeno's smile slowly grew to match Lance's. 

"Holy shit! You got him!" Brick cried out. 

"What's going on?" Shiro asked, stepping forward. 

"Director Raven made one last change before disappearing, he graduated me to a Rank 11, which I believe is the same as a Rank 10, but it places me at a higher Rank than Garnet. Raven knew Garnet was going to try and grab the Director position, so he made me the upcoming Director," Lance smiled. 

"So you're going to force him to step down?" one of the agents in the room asked and Lance nodded. Everyone in the room let out a breath of air, smiling at each other. It was clear no one liked him as Director. 

"You know it won't be that easy, though. He'll hold on to the throne with his teeth," Zeno sighed. 

"Yeah, but when I talk to the other Planetarian leaders and get them to evict Garnet I'll be the next in line before Garnet can try and put his followers in his place," Lance explained. He was tackled into a hug by Brick, the boy's arms wrapped around his mid-section. Lance wrapped his own arms protectively around Brick. 

"No more Garnet!" Brick cheered happily, some of the other agents following along. 

"What all has he done?" Keith asked, confusion swirling in his eyes. 

"He's extremely species-ist. He believes we would have been fine on our own, without the quad-treaty. I'm surprised he hasn't fired Zeno yet," Lance said, looking to the big alien. 

"I'm a Rank 9, he can't. He's fired a lot of the lower rank aliens though," Zeno shrugged. 

"He has a grudge against all aliens, he hates the Garrison, he hated Director Raven most of all," Lance continued. 

"Wait, do we know Garnet too?" Keith asked, clearly referring to knowing Iverson. Lance's eyes drifted to Shiro momentarily before he looked away. 

"Maybe, he worked for the Garrison for a while," Lance shrugged. 

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking, what is your plan for once you get to the Base?" One of the agents stepped forward. 

"I'll first contact the Planetarian leaders, get as much info as I can, then handle Garnet accordingly. My main goal is to get the Planetarian leaders to boot him, but depending on how much of a stronghold he has, that might not work," Lance explained. 

"Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?" Zeno asked with wide eyes. 

"I believe so, otherwise why would the Planetarian leaders allow him to take charge?" 

"You think he's bribing or blackmailing the leaders?" Pidge spoke up, causing everyone in the room to immediately shush her, even agents she didn't know.