Three | Someone's Jealous

Chapter 3 : Someone's Jealous

The Bell rings signaling that lunch is over and if you aren't in class in 1 minute, your ass is done. That's why I'm always packed and ready to go so I won't be late. Detention is not where I want to end up in.

Just the thought of it makes me shiver.

I whine realizing my next class is gym. That's my weakest subject in school besides my social life.

"Why the sad pout beautiful?" Brett asked as I lifted my head up from the library table, grabbing my things quickly.

I scoff when he called me beautiful.

"I have gym next," Cue the sigh.

"Cool I do too," He smiled as I groaned unhappily.

"What's so bad about that? I love gym," He shrugged while grabbing his backpack and slinging it over his shoulder.

"I'm weak. Get the picture?" I roll my eyes and get, leaving the library with Brett following behind.

"You're not weak."

"We've only been talking for 20 minutes. you still don't know me, McCall." I slightly roll my eyes.

Taking out my phone, I text Scarlett and Harley telling them that I'm fine and I just went to the library.

The reason Scarlet didn't come check on me because she knows when I'm upset, I just want to be alone for a while. But Brett didn't get the picture as you can tell.

"That's why I want to know you better Scott and I'm pretty sure you're not that weak," He stretched out the word ' That '.

"You'd be surprised," I scoffed.

We continue to walk down the half-empty hallway when I notice Damon heading in our direction.

My heart immediately starts racing.

As much as he hurt me. I can never stay mad at him and I hate that.

He walks up to me, his vanilla scent instantly washes over my nose.

"Look Hermione I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to come out like that," He got straight to the point. I can tell he's trying to hide how annoyed he clearly is.

It Kinda hurts.

"It's whatever Damon. Tell scar you did it," I softly said while tucking a string of my hair behind my ear and stared into his beautiful eyes.

"What?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I know she sent you to come apologize. You don't Actually mean it though," I give a lazy tightlipped smile. looking at him one last time, I push past him getting one last whiff of his vanilla scent.

Before I could walk away further he grabs my wrist and turns me back around.

"I'm sorry muffin.." He whispered and I find myself becoming soft for him.

Damnit! No, Hermione Don't fall for it!

I melt at his nickname for me. He always calls me muffin but only when no ones around.

I don't get why though.

"Ok you can let me go now," I stared at the ground nervously.

"Forgive me," He whispered in my ear softy causing me to blink slowly in a daze.

I close my eyes and shake my head.

Don't give in!

"Dude she said let her go," Saved by the Brett! Thank god. He pulls me from Damon's grasp.