Twenty-Nine | Sentimental Heart

Wrote this in 2019, 27 days before Christmas...

Chapter 29 : Sentimental Heart

I watched as the wind blew roughly against the trees and the rain bang against the window. My eyes followed the water droplets as they slid down the hard plastic and onto the window ceil. The sky was a dark shade of blue, but it slowly began turning darker as the time flew by.

The light from my lamp on my nightstand flicked.

The wind continued to howl and I shivered, wrapping my blankets more around my body.

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly as the pain from my head ached. The pain made me dizzy and I rubbed my head, hoping it will help ease the pain.

Sighing deeply, I looked at the clock on my nightstand that read 6:10 pm.

"Can I come in?" I heard a voice from outside my bedroom door and peeked above my blankets.

There stood my mom at my door holding a glass of water and Advil or Tylenol. I couldn't really tell because some things still looked a little blurry to me.

She made her way towards my bed and sat down next to me. I watched as she sat the items onto my nightstand carefully not to make a loud noise.

"Hey baby girl," She mumbled and ran her fingers through my hand, staring down at me with concern in her blue eyes.

"How are you feeling right now?" She asked.

"My head still hurts and my vision is still a bit blurry," I whispered just enjoy for her to hear. I wasn't really in the mood for talking.

"Okay. Take some Tylenol to ease your headache and if you want, I'll have one of the boys bring you some food," She said softly and stroked my cheek.

"I'm not hungry."

"You have to eat something, baby. Your vision is probably still blurry because of the lack of food you've eaten today. Just eat half ok? I want you to feel better."

I sighed. Curse her motherly ways.

"Okay," I gave in and pressed my lips together.

Mom handed me a Tylenol and I popped it into my mouth, grabbing the water and drinking it after.

I hate swallowing pills.

"I'll be back in a little bit after I clean the kitchen to come and check on you. Stay in bed and I want you to eat," She points a warning finger at me.

"Sure thing mom," I said and she smiled, leaned down and kissed my forehead twice before grabbing the glass and leaving my room.

Great now more problems my mother has to deal with.

I know she's found out who was on the other end of her phone. She just didn't want to bring it up.

I wish I knew what she felt about it. My mom has a sensitive heart like me, but very strong when she needs to be. Our grandma was sentimental and our grandpa was tough and taught my mother and her siblings how to be just like him.

But my mother was the only one who caught grandma's, sentimental heart.

I wish I was just like her.

I wish I was able to handle tough situations.

Be strong during the hardest times.