Thirty-Two | No Holding Back

Chapter 32 : No Holding Back

As I continued staring at the ceiling, I blinked and started to see color. I guess from my continuous stare and not blinking. I admired the color. Weird but true. It reminds me of the times I use to spend with my dad.

We'd always make our own homemade northern lights by using colorful led lights. We would always use up all the pots in the kitchen and sit the lights inside so when we'd plug them up, the lights would reflect inside and onto the walls and ceiling.

Shaking the thought away, I checked my phone for the thousandth time hoping scarlet's name would pop up. It's been a week since everything. She's been ignoring me in and outside of school.

Damon gives me the cold shoulder. I wanted badly to ask him why'd he break up with scarlet in a messed up way, but I chicken out every time I think I'm ready.

My family is even disappointed in me.

Harley is the only person who doesn't know.

When I told my mom, she wasn't happy.

The rest of my messed up world is falling apart.

The only person with the decency to talk to me is Brett. He told me what I did was wrong, but he doesn't hate me for it and I was glad about that.

Everyday for the past week, Ive been in my room. Go to school, get the day over with, come home, do homework, and stay in my room all day.

I couldn't even eat. But I don't think anyone cares. I think my mom is really disappointed in me because she'd be up here, demanding me to eat something.

I really am such a disappointment.

Checking the time on my phone, I sigh deeply before getting up from my bed and grabbing my backpack.

Today's Monday again and I am not looking forward to this week. I dread the days I have to leave my room and house. The outside world isn't for me.

As I walked downstairs, my mom and Harmony were the only ones there in the living room.

"Ready?" My mom asked with a sigh, not sparing me a glance and that hurt.

"I'm riding with Brett, you too go ahead," I said, slinging my backpack higher up my shoulder.

"You sure?" She asked.

"Yeah, I mean it's not like you really wanted me near you guys anyway," I gave a sad tight lipped smile and walked past my mom, leaving the house.

"Hermione," She called.

"No it's okay, mom. I already hate myself for it," Bretts car pulled onto the curve right on time and I wasted no time running down the pathway and into his car.

"Hey, gorgeous," He smiled.

"Please don't- never mind, Hi Brett," I gave a fake smile before putting my seatbelt on.

Maybe I should leave it off, in hopes of us getting into a car crash with only me dying.

"Still not talking to you?" He asked, referring to my mom and sister getting into the car.