Thomas X M!Reader X Newt Pt2

Long awaited part 2.

Sorry it took me so long but I didn't have any idea how to start it😟

I don't like how it turned out to- just feel like I'm missing something in it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy
-----------------------------------------------------------

Thomas groaned, waking up, a flashback of memories went through his head recalling events of the feral night.

He clearly remembered Teresa falling into flames when the building cracked open, he remembered fighting with Newt- his angry expression- gun- then (Y/N) came running pulling away the weapon as both of them fell to the ground- the bite.

Honey haired boy bite his lover's forearm...

Does that mean they..?

It couldn't be...

Right after standing up and fastly going to open the door Thomas remembered about his wound making him hiss in pain and touch the nearest wall for support.

Regenerating his balance, the brown haired boy slowly got out of the door blinded by bright sun. He pulled his hand up, making enough shadow to open them again without worrying he wouldn't be able to see.

He definitely didn't expect what awaited him. Green space with tents, small cottages, people doing their job- chatting- smiling- laughing- without a worry and fear- instead of abandoned buildings, dirt, not ending sand, running from place to place from WICKED and infected ones.

Here was peaceful.

Thomas moved forward, deciding to take a walk- wanting to check if it's not some kind of dream he's in and try to find his friends.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hearing a voice behind him, a brown haired boy turned and saw them.

Gally, Frypan, Aris, Brenda, Minho and Jorge.

Two former runners walked faster and hugged each other tightly while others were watching with smiles on their faces.

Then it hit him- Newt and (Y/N) was nowhere to be seen.

Minho seemed to feel the lack of happiness that made Thomas stiff and pulled a bit back looking at his friend with confused expression and worry.

"What about them...?"

At first no one got what Thomas was talking about but then it seemed to click.

Their expressions changed a bit, no one knew what to say.

"And who are you talking about?"

Thomas turned around and saw (Y/N) standing tall holding a bag full of seeds for the gardens.

"(Y/N)- I'am-"

"Forget about it, what happened- happened, we can't change that.......
You hurt me and you know it now- I hope you do at least- and you also lost somebody close to you that you knew for a long time." gripping straps of the bag tighter (Y/N) send Thomas tight lipped smile before turning back and walking away from the group.

'So Newt didn't survive..'

"Let's go check your wound." Minho placed his hand on Thomas' shoulder and moved forward where the medhut was.

It was a big wooden building- considering how many people there are it's understandable.

Inside it was much bigger- beds with wooden frames, colorful blankets placed at each, cabinets with bandages, stitches and many more. Everything looked clean but didn't resemble those white cells or laboratories with guards on each step.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After check up Thomas was told to keep the bandages for a couple more days and not work too hard physically till that time.

Brown haired teen thanked the medlady and walked out where Minho waited for him.

"We can go now."

The former keeper didn't look nor respond to Thomas instead kept his eyesight forward.

Injured boy followed his lead and saw many people working in a big garden full of different plants, threes, but one person in particular caught his eye- (Y/N).

He was smiling- he was again that boy he met in the glade after exiting the metal box. The same boy that helped him in an unfamiliar place got trapped.

Previously he was much more close up but it seemed he became more talkative and open for others than here- it was a good change that smiled at the thought.

What he didn't expect to see where that honey haired messy locks, swiped by the wind from side to side next to the crouching boy.

Now it made sense....

Newt was alive- it was thanks to him (Y/N) was smiling again.

Second-in-command did something he couldn't do for (Y/N), even if it was just standing next to him with a smile on his face.

Thomas was happy for them, they deserved it and he knew he'll need to apologize to both of them and try to talk to each other without awkward tension in the air but only if they would want it.