Chapter 52: A Family

I carefully closed the door, not wanting Eri to wake back up, and walked to the living room. Shota was sitting on the couch waiting for me.

He watched me as I went over to him, "She should be in the hospital."

I tensed up a bit as he spoke. He was probably right, but I didn't want him to take her from me.

As I went to sit down next to him, he quickly pulled me onto his lap, causing me to straddle over him. I could've moved, but I honestly didn't want to.

I loved being this close to him again. I loved being able to look in his eyes. I loved the feeling of his hands gently gliding across my back.

"I'm not letting her out of my sight, Shota."

He tucked a piece of hair behind me ear, "I wasn't expecting you to. We can take her together."

"I won't be able to just waltz back into the world as if nothing happened... I'll be taken away as soon as the police see me."

"Do you really think I'd let that happen?"

"I don't see how you could stop it."

"Y/n, we're not going to let anything happen to you. Nezu and Toshinori know most everything as well. We're going to protect you."

I shook my head softly, "It's not about me anymore. I have to protect Eri. She trusts me."

He smiled, "Trusts you? It seems like she already needs you. She called you her mom."

"She's all that matters now, Shota. I have to put her first."

He gently held my face in his hands, "Let me protect both of you, Y/n. I'm not going anywhere. We can still have a life here."

"Why would you want that?" I asked in a whisper. "If you know what I've done, why would you want that?"

"Like I said before you left, I know that's not who you are... And we've all done things we regret. You're not the only one who's let their pain get the best of them."

I couldn't believe everything he was saying... How was he so ok with it all? It was obvious he knew about my father, but did he know about everything else?

"I almost slept with Dabi," I kept my eyes locked onto his. If I was going to go forward with trusting him, I needed to make sure he knew everything.

He sighed, "I know."

"And I kissed Keigo."

"I know that too," he huffed out, breaking his eyes away from mine as he looked down.

"I cut off someone's arm."

"Seriously Y/n?" his voice was a little more agitated. "Didn't I just tell you I already know everything?"

"I had to make sure."

"Why? Make sure of what?" his frustration building.

"If I'm going to stay here with you, I had to make sure there were no more secrets," I whispered.

His eyes softened as he looked at me, his mouth gaping open just slightly, "D-does that mean you're saying yes?"

"Saying yes?" I tilted my head.

I was confused until I saw him reach for that small little box again. I hadn't even noticed it resting on the couch right next to us.

"To being my wife..." he trailed off as he opened the box. My heart smashed against my chest as he grabbed my left hand, and slid the ring on my finger.