Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Paige woke from the feeling of being lifted off the ground, she opened her eyes and realised she had her head buried in Seth’s chest as he took her into the bedroom and laid her down on the bed gently. He lifted the sheets and covered her before going back over to the window and closing the heavy curtains to block out the sunlight.

She watched him through tired eyes as he stripped down to his boxers and climbed into the bed next to her, pulling her against his firm chest and wrapping a strong arm around her waist. She settled her head back on his chest and dropped back off to sleep again. She started to have a dream where she was back at home and Zak was there, but there was something different about him, something almost sinister.

He stalked towards her and that’s when she noticed that it was his eyes that were different, they weren’t the usual dark blue, they were black, and the rims of his pupils shone red. She instinctively backed away from him as he cornered her and smirked coldly. He stepped closer and her back hit the wall trapping her, he caged her in with his arms, one either side of her head, and then he leaned in and sniffed her.

“What are you doing?” she asked shakily, as he trailed his nose down her neck taking deep breaths.

When he spoke, she froze, his voice was deep, and raspy it was nothing like what he sounded like, the sound was deep and sounded like a growl.

“You can run, but you can’t hide. I will find you and when I do I will kill that bloodsucker and you will be mine!” he growled out, then he ran his thumb down her cheek and she gasped as she saw that his short fingernails had been replaced with sharp claws.

The claw scratched her cheek, and he smeared the blood on her cheek, as he leaned into to kiss her he laughed menacingly. Paige woke from the dream and bolted upright in the bed.

Seth looked over at Paige, her back was to him, but she was panting and clinging onto the bed sheets, “What’s wrong?” he asked sitting up, he turned her to face him and his eyes widened at the sight of the scratch on her cheek.

“You’ve scratched yourself,” he said tilting her head to the side.

Paige couldn’t stop the tears that streamed down her face and she shook her head furiously, “He scratched me.”

“Who?” Seth asked in confusion.

“Zak, he was different, it felt so real.” She whispered she must have scratched her own cheek she thought as she lifted a hand to her face and touched the drying blood.

Seth was in shock, Ipes had somehow managed to invade her dreams and it worried him that in her dream he had managed to cause her physical pain. He knew what he needed to do though, he would go and see a white witch she could bless Paige’s dreams that way Ipes wouldn’t be able to hurt her.

“What did he say to you?” he asked in concern.

“He said I can run but I can’t hide and he will kill you and make me his,” she told him, the worried look on his face only frightened her more.

“Is there something you’re not telling me?” she asked as he pulled her back against his chest.

“Yes there are some things you need to know, but I don’t want to scare you. You need to know that there is nothing to fear while you are with me, I will not let anyone hurt you, even in your dreams.”