Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Paige watched through the window as the police pulled up and went straight to his house, they knocked on the door and she watched him step outside. She didn’t really have a good look at him the night before, but she could see him now and he was the sexiest man she had ever seen. He was tall and slim, with broad shoulders and short black hair, she couldn’t see the colour of his eyes, because thankfully he had turned around so that she was now looking at his strong broad shoulders.

The officers followed him into his house and before he went in after them he turned and faced the window that she was looking through and smirked at her, she was sure in that moment she had seen a flash of fangs. She was reading way too much into this, fangs, screaming women, she was in some desperate need of some sleep, and to top it off he had seen her spying on him again. He must have had seriously good eyesight to be able to see her through the window again; it wasn’t even like she had the lights on.

Turning around she traipsed up the stairs, if there was something wrong then the police would sort it out, she had done all she needed to do. She went up to her bedroom, turned the light on and went to draw the curtains, but was surprised to see the police leaving already. The two officers were laughing and joking with her neighbour, and then they got into their car and left, she felt like a fool she had obviously wasted their time, what an idiot she was, calling the police when clearly there was nothing wrong, he probably just liked to watch the TV loud.

She shut the curtains before he saw her again and pulled a nightdress on, climbing into bed, and settling down she turned her TV, but just as she was getting into the film that had just started her front door knocked. She frowned and got out of bed wondering who it could be at that time of night, she pulled her dressing gown and made her way down the winding staircase to the front door.

Paige opened the front door and gasped when she saw her neighbour standing on her doorstep looking far from impressed, but that wasn’t what she noticed first, no it was those eyes. She had never seen eyes that shade of blue in her life they were beautiful and she couldn’t tear her eyes away from them.

“Do you make a habit of calling the police out to your neighbours?” his deep voice dragged her attention back to the fact that he was standing there expecting an answer.

Paige felt her cheeks heat up at his question, she hadn’t made a very good first impression, he was her only neighbour and she had called the police on him and it was only her second day there. Then she got annoyed with herself, he hadn’t made a very good impression either, burning things in the middle of the night and then there were the un-explainable screams that came from his house.

“Not usually, I thought I’d try something different,” she told him sarcastically.

Seth remained expressionless, even though he was mildly amused by the human woman standing in front of him. He thought she was foolish to open the door at that time of night to a man she didn’t know, she deserved to be killed and he was going to enjoy hearing her screams.

“You really should be more careful about who you open the door to,” he told her, with a flash of fangs again.

She was worried that time, she had definitely seen two very sharp teeth then, there was no doubt in her mind, she panicked and tried to shut the front door, but he had his foot in the way. The door bounced back open, and she didn’t have time to run as he pounced on her and they fell to the floor with a thud.

The force of her hip hitting the floor made her groan loudly, but he didn’t seem to care that he had hurt her, and was licking her neck as though it was coated in something sweet, the feeling of his warm mouth on her neck made her moan, it felt so good. Her heart was pounding and she could feel the pulse that he was licking throbbing against his warm tongue, she was just inviting him to bite her she thought angrily as her fight mode suddenly kicked back in, and she pushed, punched and pinched trying to get him off her. It was no use though, and to add insult to injury he just seemed amused by her attempts to stop his attack. “Get off me you lunatic!” she screamed, pounding her fists against his chest.

Seth was bored of their little game now, and he bit down into her neck, but the second her blood flowed into his expectant mouth he jumped up and hissed as though she had burnt him.

Paige watched him as he wiped the blood from his mouth, and backed away from her as though she was the monster. His expression wasn’t the same as when he attacked her, there was no malice there, those eyes weren’t mocking her anymore. He almost looked pained? Shocked? Horror struck? She couldn’t put her finger on what it was, but he was backing away as if he was about to make a run for it.

“Why didn’t you kill me?” she asked, her voice wavering.

His hand hovered over the door handle and as he turned around, she shuffled backwards, he took a step forward and her back hit the bottom of the stairs, she pushed herself up so that she was standing and looked him straight in the eye. He couldn’t look at her now, and it puzzled her, he was looking down at the floor, and if she was right, he looked ashamed of himself.

“Stay away from me,” he whispered, turning around and walking back to the front door.

“Hang on a minute, you can’t just come in here, bite me like some wild animal then ask me to stay away from you!” she knew probably shouldn’t have been talking to him like that, but she had never been one to back down.

Seth turned to face her and that time he looked her straight in the eyes, he glared at her, and he could see her squirming under his gaze, he had always seen humans as pathetic and pitiful, but there was something about her, something intriguing. She was showing him no fear even after he had bitten her, his victims were usually begging him not to kill them, but not her.

“I said stay away from me, because next time I will not think twice about ripping your throat out!” he warned.

He was gone before she could give him an answer, and she quickly ran to the front door and slammed it shut. She looked at her neck in the mirror; he hadn’t even sunk his fangs in that deep, just enough to pierce the skin, and the blood she was expecting wasn’t there. What was thinking? Never mind that, he had bitten her, an actual vampire, she was living next door to a real vampire, which explained why the house was so cheap, she cursed. She bolted the front door and searched the house for a weapon to take to bed with her, in case he came back and decided to finish her.

Vote, comment Fan :)