CHAPTER 3: Dark Hades

CHAPTER 3

My brows furrowed as I staring at the guy who was standing right in front of me. I couldn’t see his eyes because the hoody he was wearing is covering his face. The wind blew between us but I remained looking at his tall and masculine figure. My heart is beating faster as well. I can’t help but to think that there is a reason why he’s now here. If I am not mistaken he was the guy I saw in the CCTV footage. 

“Who…are you?” I asked. I saw how his head move. My heart is thumping so fast because I am so eager to see his face. I want to see his face and even though I’m not familiar with him I have great feeling that he is somehow connected in this case.

I stepped forward but I stop when my cell phone rung. I looked at my phone and I saw attorney An’s name. I press the answer button and put it on my ear.

“Hello?” i asked.

“Detective Lux? I heard that you went back to the dump site?” she asked. I stared at the man in front of me. But when he turned his back on me I got nervous. Is he leaving now?

“Y-Yeah…Can I talk to you later attorney? I have something to do.” I said hurriedly wanting to stop the call so much. The man is now walking away! Damn!

“Alright! I need you to report when you come back.” She said before turning off the call.

“Wait!” I called out the man but he didn’t stop walking! I run after him but the wind blew hard at me that made me close my eyes and when I opened it the guy with a black hoody is now gone.

I drove my car back to our firm but my mind is clouded with so many things. Who is that guy? Why did he run away? Why didn’t he talk to me? Why? I have so many questions and I feel like I won’t have a good sleep tonight.

When I went back to our firm I reported what happened to the site and I also gave them the cell phone I found. Attorney said that she will give it to the police to get investigated. When I went in to my office I turned on my laptop and search the entire CCTV camera around the dump site. I need to know the person behind this. I need to know the owner of the cellphone. When I remember the man in the black hoody I have a hint that he is not the person who put Mr. Rosario’s corpse in the dump site. 

After a long while of searching I just find out that there is a CCTV camera in the store near the dump site. So I get up again and drive my car towards the car. When I arrived I saw an old lady. She’s maybe the owner of this store.

“Good afternoon, ma’am.” I called her attention. I smiled when she looked at me.

“Good afternoon! How can I help you?” she greets me politely. I pointed out the CCTV and looked at the old woman.

“Is the CCTV camera is still in use?” I asked. The old woman seems confused.

“Yes, it’s 24 hours in use. Why?” she asked. I nodded and smiled more.

“Can I have the copy of the footage of it yesterday until this afternoon?” I asked politely.