CHAPTER 5: Coffee

CHAPTER 5

I slowly walk towards him. He is standing at the entrance so I have to come nearer to talk to him. When I we got nearer to each other I pulled his hand and dragged him outside where there’s no people that could see us.

“Did you already know what happened?” I asked confused. Impossible! Is it just coincidental that he went here while an incident was happening?

He just looked at me with his serious eyes. He was so tall that I still need to look up to him to see his eyes. I stepped backwards and stared at him suspiciously. 

“How did you know that it would happen?” I asked. But I got irritated when he didn’t say anything.

“Why couldn’t you answer me?!” I asked mad. 

“You need me right?” my eyebrow waggled. I was taken aback at what he asked.

“What do you mean?” I asked a bit distant.

“Since you need me you can’t ask too many questions.” He said.

“What?” I asked in dismay. “So you’re building your rules now? What is it that you need to hide, huh?” I interrogated him. He looks a bit mad but his seriousness and coldness were still there. He’s always like that.

“You wouldn’t want to know…” he whispered and started to walk away. I panicked at what he did. No! He can’t walk away like this! Damn!

“Wait! I will not ask again okay?!” I almost shouted for him to stop and he did so I smiled.  I run towards him and look at him through his eyes. This is my last chance. Being a detective, I need to risk in order to finish the case and to find the truth. My past would never let me sleep if I didn’t do this. He is my only last chance and whatever power he may have I don’t care anymore as long as he will help me.

“Let’s go.” He said that made me gaped. What? Where are we going?!

“Where?” I asked while walking with him. He is walking so fast that I couldn’t follow him properly. His legs are so long and I wouldn’t be shock anymore if I just pass out here because of losing breath. Damn him!

“To the hospital where the man you saw was admitted.” He said seriously that he didn’t notice my fast breathing. I scowled but he didn’t even notice! How cold! Wait! But I have a car! Why am I walking?!

“Can you please stop walking?!” I asked irritated. I stopped walking and he also did and looked at me with confused eyes. So he didn’t know that I was hardly catching up his steps? 

“Why?” his brows knitted. I glared at him.

“Why are we walking when I have a car?” I asked sarcastically. From confusion his face turned serious.

“I can’t.” he said that made me confused. What? I stared at him unconvinced.

“Just wait for me at the hospital. We’ll just see each other.” He said. My brows lifted up.