[6.4] HEART MONITOR: act four

- HIGH SCHOOL | CORRIDOR -

Stiles and Alycia follow Scott into the crowded hallway.

"It's her." Alycia states.

"What do you mean?" Scott looks confused.

"She's right. It's Allison. Remember what you told us about the night of the full moon? You were thinking about her. About protecting her." Stiles continues for the girl.

"Okay."

"So remember the first lacrosse game? You said you could hear her voice out on the field."

"Yeah. I did."

"Well, so that's what brought you back so you could score. And then after the game in the locker room, you didn't kill her. At least not like how you were trying to kill us. She brings you back, is what we're saying." Stiles continues.

"No, no, no, but it's not always true, because literally every time I'm kissing her or - or touching her—" Scott gets cut off by Stiles.

"No, that's not the same. When you're doing that, you're just another hormonal teenager thinking about sex, you know?... You're thinking about sex right now, aren't you?"

Gazing off with a slight smile at his lips, Scott snaps back to attention.

"Sorry." He mutters.

"That's fine. Look, back in the classroom when she was holding your hand, that was different, okay? I don't think she makes you weak. I - I think she actually gives you control. She's kind of like an anchor." Stiles informs him.

"You mean because I love her."

"Exactly." Alycia states. Both, Alycia and Stiles, pause, noticing Scott has stopped walking, surprised at his own words.

"Did I just say that?" He asks confused.

"Yes, you just said that." Alycia nods.

"I love her."

"That's great. Moving on—"

"No, no, no, really. I think I'm totally in love with her."

"And that's beautiful. Now, before you go off and write a sonnet, can we figure this out, please? Because you obviously can't be around her all the time." Stiles states.

"Okay, what do I do?"

Stiles paces, then stops. Thinking.

"Oh, no. You're getting an idea, aren't you?" Scott asks.

"Yeah

"Yeah."

"Is this idea gonna get me in trouble?"

"Maybe." Stiles smiles.

"Is this idea going to cause me physical pain?"

"Definitely."

- PARKING LOT -