[7.3] NIGHT SCHOOL: act three

- HIGH SCHOOL | BASEMENT -

Florescent lights flicker above the McCall siblings and Stiles with an electric crackling.

"We have to do something." Stiles states.

"No shit, new generation Sherlock Holmes." Alycia mutters.

"Like what?" Scott asks, totally ignoring his sister.

"Kill it. Hurt it. Inflict mental anguish on it. Something." Stiles rambles.

He glances at the doors with mesh cage windows in them, old and dirty lockers lying open inside. Trying to think fast, eyes darting as a door slams open behind them.

The three of them pull back into the darkness. Holding still, they hear a strange clicking on the floor, claws tapping against the tile.

Stiles's eyes move from the thin corridor to where several old administrative desks lie stacked against the wall. Scott catches his look, seeing an idea come to fruition.

Stiles slowly, very slowly, moves his hand into his coat pocket to pull out his car keys. He brings them up. They jangle softly, causing Scott and Alycia to flinch.

The siblings glare at Stiles, eyes nearly coming out of their head. Especially when their friend rears back and throws the keys.

They land right in one of the cage rooms, clattering against the wall.

Something blurs past, a massive shape in the darkness, soaring in after the keys.

Without hesitating, Stiles jumps out of the shadows and slams the door shut behind it.

"Guys get the desk! The desk!" He orders.

With barely a second to comprehend the plan, both Scott and Alycia rush to one of the steel desks and ram it against the closed door. Stiles slips out of the way as the door jerks forward hitting the side of the desk.

The Alpha roars from inside the cage room, slamming into the door. But the desk wedges between it and the opposite wall.

Scott, Alycia and Stiles turn to each other in a moment of pure triumph.

The Alpha can't get out.

They trapped it.

- JACKSON'S CAR -

Waiting behind the wheel, Jackson stares at Stiles' Jeep, studying it in the darkness.

"You see that?" He asks.

"See what?" Lydia asks confused.

"The hood on that piece of crap Jeep looks crappier than usual."

He opens the door of the Porsche.

"Where are you going?" Asks Lydia confused.

"To take a look. Stay here."

"I'm not staying in the car." Lydia says raising her eyebrows, challenging him.

"Just stay in the damn-"

"Don't leave me alone in the car." She says it with a fierceness that spins him around.

"Fine. Don't have a meltdown." He rolls his eyes.

Jackson steps out, Lydia clicking her own door open.

- HIGH SCHOOL | PARKING LOT -

Jackson runs his finger over the crumpled hood with Lydia by his side.

"Look at that. It is indeed a piece of crap. Can we get Allison and leave now?" Lydia looks up with a pout on her face.

Ignoring her, Jackson leans closer, noting the strange grooves in the hood.