Not Funny Chiefs and Pissing Heroes Off

I pretended I was asleep for most of the time we were in that hospital room. I didn't exactly feel like talking to any of them at the moment. And besides, they only really spoke comfortably when they thought I wasn't listening in -- except for Iida, that is. I suppose my actions had a much larger effect on him than I'd originally thought, because he practically seemed to trust me 100% now.

"Oh, so the injured youngins are awake," a new voice caused me to lift my head.

Midoriya whipped his head over in shock. "(L/N), you're awake?"

I rolled my eyes. "How many times am I going to have to tell you to call me (Y/N)?" I sighed, grunting softly as I sat up in the bed.

"R-right, sorry, (Y/N)," Midoriya muttered, turning away slightly in embarrassment.

I turned back to the door and froze. There stood Gran Torino, Manual, Mirko, and Endeavor.

No, this wasn't right. Endeavor shouldn't be here. Something had changed again.

"Idiot," Gran Torino interrupted my thoughts. "I could yell at you for hours right now."

"Yeah, I'm sorry," Midoriya responded nervously.

"But before I do, you've got a visitor," he continued before Midoriya could start rambling out apologies. "This is Hosu's chief of police, Kenji Tsuragamae."

I bit my lip hard to keep the smile from forming on my face and quickly averted my eyes. Don't laugh, (Y/N). Don't do it. This man took his job incredibly seriously. The fact that he was a dog was not at all funny.

Iida and Todoroki both got to their feet, Midoriya hesitantly trying to do the same while I simply stayed in the bed. He was going to tell us to sit anyways, so what's the point? Besides, the law enforcement of this country hasn't exactly been good to me thus far, and I was tired after saving all their asses yet again.

"No, please," Tsuragamae confirmed exactly what I thought he would say, "stay seated, woof."

I slapped a hand over my mouth. Do. Not. Laugh. It's not funny. He's just a regular guy with a dog's head who says woof all the time. It's totally normal!

"So, you're the UA students who brought down the Hero Killer, huh?" He mused, staring at each of us in turn, though his eyes lingered a second longer on me. Of course, I was currently in the middle of desperately trying to control myself from laughing at his appearance, so it's not exactly like I could blame him.

"We are," Todoroki responded.

"Stain has some serious injuries," Tsuragamae barely even acknowledged him. "Severe burns and several broken bones. Right now he's in the hospital under strict guard, woof." DO. NOT. LAUGH. "Here's a lesson you should have already learned. When quirks became the norm, the police force sought to maintain the status quo. They decided we wouldn't use quirks as weapons. That's when heroes came in. They could do what we couldn't, if they were licensed, of course, woof. It would be impossible for the police to condone the use of deadly quirks. After all, we're here to stop such harm from being done. The only reason pros can use their powers now is because of the strict code of ethics that the early heroes chose to abide by. That's why it's against the law for uncertified people to use their quirks to cause injury."

"Um, excuse me?" I raised my hand. "I don't remember anything from before highschool, so technically I was never taught any of that. So can I be excused please?" The boys all whipped their heads around to look at me in shock. Huh. I guess the teachers had neglected to tell them that part of my backstory as well. Granted, it was a blatant lie, but they couldn't necessarily prove that. All they knew for sure was that I had information about villains that I refused to share with them.