Unnecessary Revenge and Protectiveness

The month leading up to the final exams passed incredibly slowly. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting -- that I would just blink and it'd be time for final exams, like a cut-scene? Either way, that's not how reality worked, and I found myself afforded much more time than I was prepared to have in order to get ready.

My schedule was largely the same as when I was getting ready for the Sports Festival -- Mondays training with Aizawa, Tuesdays with the Big Three, Wednesdays with 1-B, Thursdays with Shinso, and the weekends set aside for personal training where I would spend my time coming up with theories for how I could use my quirk and applying them. I also continued to divide my lunches between Shinso, 1-B, and the Big Three, just as I had been since the start of the year. The only difference now was that I had started to spend my Fridays on two of the members of class 1-A -- something I never thought would happen in a million years. Still, I needed help studying for the written exams, and those two were some of the smartest people in the class.

Smack

"Oh, sorry.  Your head's so big that it's hard to miss."  I sighed as I heard the beginnings of Monoma taunting my classmates.  I knew I should have just dragged him to the table with me when I had the chance.

"You're from class 1-B.  Um... Monoma, right?" Midoriya said, staring up at the boy who I for some reason decided to call my friend.  "That really hur--"

"I heard you guys stumbled across the Hero Killer," Monoma completely cut off the green-haired boy, and I brought a hand to my lips in order to stifle my laughter.  "Just like in the sports festival, class 1-A isn't happy unless they're the center of attention.  But you do realize you're not in the spotlight because people think you're good heroes, right?  It's just that you keep getting into so much trouble."  I glanced over at Kendo, who was silently eating her lunch as though nothing was going on, and raised a brow.  That was certainly new.  I really hoped that didn't mean that I was the one who would have to deal with Monoma every time he picked a fight.  Of course, a pretty big part of me wanted to just ignore it as well, but it honestly wasn't worth it.  It's not like they would ever learn anyways.  "Here's food for thought: someday, the rest of us might get caught up in your mess, and then we'll all become unwitting victims as well.  What kind of horrible villains will you bring down upon us?  What demon--"

I smacked Monoma right in the center of the back, effectively shutting him up, and caught his lunch tray with my quirk before it could hit the ground.  I could see Midoriya's ridiculously analytical eyes landing on the tray, trying to figure out exactly what it was I had done, and smirked.  Actually, it was just six of my usual platforms, one on each side of the tray to create a cube in order to combat the elasticity of using just one.

"Would you quit it already?  I thought I told you not to pick anymore fights," I sighed, shaking my head slightly as I returned Monoma's lunch to him.  "Besides, I'm not the only one who got injured that time, remember?  Anyways, you guys are all worked up about the final practical, right?  Well, class 1-B and I are pretty sure it's combat against robots like in your entrance exams."

"What?  Really?  How do you know that?" Midoriya gasped, straightening up to look up at me, and I shrugged.

"I know a few people in the grades above ours.  Take it or leave it; it's up to you.  That's the only help I'm giving you, though.  Consider us even for Hosu," I dismissed calmly, ignoring the instant muttering that ensued and pushing Monoma forward as I left back for our table.

"(Y/N), what are you doing?" Monoma frowned as we left the table, bringing me to a stop.  "You just gave away our whole strategic advantage!  This was our chance to finally pull ahead of that class full of idiots!  Don't you want your revenge?!"