Hugging Plushies and Last Lifelines

My consciousness returned to me slowly.  I couldn't really remember the events of last night, but considering how unbelievably tired I was, it was more likely than not that I had fallen asleep way too late watching My Hero Academia again.  I yawned, completely ignoring the soft light that danced over my closed eyelids as I snuggled further into the warmth of my bed.  I didn't feel like waking up just yet.  Besides, my alarm wasn't going off, so I shouldn't be late for class.

"(Y/N)?" The tired voice reached my ears.

I furrowed my eyebrows, a soft groan escaping my lips as I hugged my stuffed animal tighter to my body.  It was still too early.  I should still have a bit of time before my alarm started blaring.

"(Y/N), you need to wake up," the voice continued to annoy me.

Who even was that speaking to me?  It wasn't my parents, and it certainly wasn't any of my friends.  I wasn't even sure I recognized it.

"Come on, (Y/N), you're gonna make me late," the voice sighed.

Ugh, this stupid voice.  I was sure it wasn't anyone I knew, yet somehow, it felt like I recognised it.  What, did I get a boyfriend without even realizing it?  Ha! Yeah, right.  At this point, it's practically become a law of nature that I'm alone.

"I'm supposed to be on patrol," he groaned.

Patrol?  Who the hell goes on patrol?  What was he, some kind of cop?  Heh, or maybe he was a pro hero.

I froze.

He was a pro hero.  That was Aizawa's voice.  Aizawa, who had become my guardian after I suddenly appeared in the My Hero Academia world.  Aizawa, my homeroom teacher at the hero school I had been forced to attend.  Aizawa, who had put a tracker on me without my knowledge or consent.

Much more importantly than any of that, though, -- an incredibly vital piece of information that I had somehow completely forgotten in my half-asleep state: I didn't sleep with a stuffed animal.

Slowly, my eyes cracked open, and I came face to face with a pitch black turtleneck that I was grasping onto with all my strength.  Immediately, I placed both my palms against Aizawa's chest and shoved him away from me.

"W-what the hell?!" I winced inwardly at the stuttered question.  I hated stuttering. It made me feel weak. Anger and frustration flooded my body as the events of earlier that afternoon finally returned to the forefront of my memory.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," Aizawa casually got back up from where I'd shoved him to the floor.  "When I tried to leave earlier, you seemed to get worse."  That's right.  I had totally forgotten about it, but every time Aizawa had tried to move so much as an inch away from me, I'd clung onto him even tighter, sobbing like a damn two-year-old.

I grit my teeth together, my left hand curling into a fist.  Thankfully, my right hand didn't seem to be in too terrible of a condition despite the abuse I'd put it through during my little episode, but I didn't exactly feel like testing my luck right about now. 

"You can't seriously think that's what I'm angry about right now," I growled lowly, staring up at him in defiance.

"Yeah, I know," Aizawa sighed.  "Listen, kid, I'm sorry.  It wasn't my decision-"

"I don't give a flying fuck whether or not it was your decision; you should have told me," I snapped.

I watched as his shoulders slumped and he nodded.  "I know," he muttered softly.  He took a gentle seat on the bed beside me, and I immediately moved backwards in response, doing my best not to notice or feel bad when he tensed up at my actions.  I didn't feel like feeling bad for him right now.  Right now I was pissed.  "I'm sorry.  Really, I am.  I wasn't sure of you at first, and by the time I'd realized what kind of a person you were, too much time had passed.  I didn't want to make things any worse than they already were."