Chapter 7

Third person's point of view

"Game start!" The referee shouted.

"Ah!"

Rukawa and Akagi will be the one to do the jump ball so the game can officially begin.

The two players jumped at the same time. Rukawa tapped the ball to his teammate.

"Wow, the game is still a tie, even with the great height differences."

"Yeah, Rukawa is amazing."

"So, in reality, Rukawa is the real winner." Ayako said.

Sakuragi starting to imagine in how he defeated Akagi and Rukawa and Haruko will like him and saying he is the best.

Sakuragi got out of his train of thoughts when Ayako slams a paper fan in Sakuragi's head.

"He stole the ball!" Y/n exclaimed. "Kaede-kun steal the ball from Akagi-senpai!"

"Rukawa-kun!" Haruko exclaimed.

"Damn it!" Sakuragi said.

"Personal foul: illegal body contact by player 5." The referee said.

"Oh no"

"Freshman basketball team."

"Rukawa certainly improved on his defense." Ayako said.

"It's just a coincidence, coincidence for sure." Sakuragi said nervously.

"However, there's no chance that Rukawa and the freshman could win." Ayako said.

"Really?!" Sakuragi exclaimed happily.

"Even though Rukawa is very good, he's still only at the freshman level. He just got into high school, and it's impossible for him to defeat these guys." Ayako explained.

"Yeah, he's still lacking skills compare to them." Y/n agreed.

"That's not always true Ayako-san, Y/n-chan." Haruko suddenly exclaimed. "The average freshman has improved a lot now a days. Even though I don't know by how much."

"Haruko?" Ayako questioned her.

"Don't you know the story about Kareem Abdul-Jabbar?" Haruko started. "He was a freshman who defeated a bunch of upperclassmen."

"Oh? So, you know a lot about basketball too, Haruko-chan." Y/n said.

"I read it in the book last time." Haruko said. "How do you know about it, Y/n-chan?"

"I used to play basketball with my brother." Y/n answered. "I stopped because there has been an accident."

"Oh, sorry Y/n-chan." Haruko apologized.

"It's fine." Y/n said and smiled at her.

"Okay, back to the topic." Ayako started. "Haruko you're right, but Rukawa is no Jabber."