Chapter 11

The door to my house rings and I roll my eyes. I just said for him not to come here. What did he not get from my message? I can't with him. I walk down the stairs with an annoyed groan. I pass by my curious mother who sips her tea and eats her sweet bread.

"Who's at the door honey?" She asks me with a curious expression on her face.

"Just a friend. I told him not to come here." I mumble and pull the door open. There stands Alec with a huge grin on his face. "What're you doing here? It's late and we have school tomorrow." I say as he pushed pass me into the house. He's acting as if he owns the place, which he does not.

"It's not late. It's only 8:00" He replies casually. "Hello Ms. Hill. Lovely to see you here." He greets my mother who laughs at him.

"I live here, of course you're going to see me." She gets up from the counter. "Anyway Briar, I'm off to work. Some emergency is being called and they need everyone." She kisses my cheek and grabs her purse and keys. "Don't do anything I would think of. Got that?" She eyes Alec.

"Yes ma'am." He replies with a nod. Then she leaves the house. I turn back around to see Alec already making himself comfortable on my couch. I march over to and stand in front of him.

"What point of 'do not come' do you not understand?" I ask with anger and frustration. I wanted this night by myself. And he had the audacity to just shrug and head to my fridge. "What're you doing Alec?" I ask him as I follow him into the kitchen.

"Making myself at home." He says as he eats one of my blueberry muffins. Okay now he's drawn the line. I snatch the muffin out of his hand and toss it in the trash.

"Out. Now." I demand trying to make my voice  sound cold. He just stands there with his brows raised looking at me like I'm some type of lunatic. Yeah right, he's the crazy one. Showing up to someone's house after saying no and already knowing where they live. And I don't even know where he lives!

"No." Is all he says before making his way upstairs. He heads for my room and I rush in front of him, blocking his entrance.

"You can't go in there, it's private." I say giving him my best glare I can muster up.

He scoffs. "I've already been in there sunshine." With that, he lowers himself and wraps his arms around my legs and hoists me up over his shoulder. And I get a great view of that perfect round ass of his. I could just slap it. Stop Briar, he is trespassing. Right.

"Alec put me down right now or I'm--" He tosses me on the bed before I can finish my sentence. "What the heck!" I yell. I try to prop myself on my elbows but he jumps onto the bed and towers over me. "What're you doing?" I ask breathlessly. His gaze drops down to my lips and I can't help but lick them. His eyes follow my tongue and he licks his own lips. And I can't help but stare at his too.

This is wrong. So very wrong. He can't just show up and enter my room like that. He's taking complete control over this. So I attempt to push away his hard chest, grazing his abs on the way. "Alec you need to move." I say once again.

"And what if I don't want to?" He asks, licking his lips again as his eyes stay focused on mine. 

He leans down slowly and his lips are just inches away from mine. My breathing picks up its paste. Our eyes stay focused on each other's lips. Then he pecks his lips with mine in a slow not heated kiss. We kiss. Like we just kissed. Blush forms onto my cheeks and he starts his low chuckle.

"It's not funny." I pout as I try to hide my face away from his. He removes my hands from my face and kisses each wrist. Holy cow did that do wonders to me.

"You're right, it's not funny. It's cute." He says and leans down to capture my lips in his once more. I'm more responsive now that I can breathe a bit better. He doesn't try anything with the kiss to which I am grateful for.

I've never had a boyfriend. I guess it's kind of hard for me to trust people since I found out my dad cheated on my mom. Everytime a guy would try to get close to me I would shut them out and insert them into the friend-zone. That way I won't have to go through so much heartbreak if they decide to hurt me. I don't even know what it feels like to get hurt so bad as who you thought the love of your life was just cheated on you. I never knew the pain my mother went through because she thought he loved her the way she did him. But I guess he never wanted a child because ever since my mother told him she was pregnant with me, he became distant towards her. I could never distance myself from my mother. I could never hurt her the way my father did to her. I never wanted that to happen to me and so did my mother. So we just stayed private in our own little world. But that world is starting to open now that Alec is here.

"I'm hungry." I say after a moment of silence. What? It was getting awkward and my stomach decided to grumble at that moment. 

"Pizza?" He asks. Yes please. I love me some cheese pizza. No pepperoni, I never really liked them. 

I nod my head.

♡☺︎♡

"So how'd you find out where I lived?" I ask him as I take another bite out of my pizza. "Surely I didn't tell you or I would remember."

"I have my ways." He response. What ways? He now knows so much about me. I just told him why I'm so hesitant and why I always put people in the friend zone. It was kind of sad opening up to him about my cheating father but now he knows why. So why is it that when I ask him a basic question he doesn't answer?

"Okay, what ways?" I ask.

"You'll see for yourself." He says with a smirk and takes a bit out of his pizza. What does he mean see for myself? It's not like he's my neighbor.......is he? 

♡☺︎♡