Part - 64

Subhadra  walked hurriedly towards her chamber but before she could reach, she collided with someone in the dark.

" Bratha Krishn...!! What are you doing here?", She asked rubbing her forehead.

" I  just came here searching   for you  to have dinner ! But you are behaving like I don't have any right to come over here !", He exclaimed faking disappointment to which she rolled her eyes.

" Well... leave it ! There's no one literally here to hear this poor creature's grief ", he whispered wiping out his fake tears.
Subhadra gasped at him.

" By the way, where were you ,sister ?", He asked with a suspicious eyes.

" Where to be else, with that Yati ", she replied easily looking at him.

" This late ! With that handsome Yati ?
What's going on between you both ?", He asked clearing his throat.

Subhadra glanced at him with widened eyes and asked studiously " what did you mean bratha ? You are talking like we are sharing  some sort of secret relation or something ! Don't forget I am going to get married to someone else". She turned her head irritatingly.

"Okay! Okay! calm down! Then come with me, we will have some dinner ", he said with his sweet innocent smile.

" No, I'm not feeling hungry ", she replied.

" Oh ! Did the Yati had something ?",he asked mischievously to which she shooked her head.

" Hmmm....I can see ! So that's the matter behind your hunger lessness !", he led out a small giggle.

Subhadra huffed annoyingly, " Then come on bratha, let's have some food", she said dragging him to the dining area.

The next morning Subhadra woked up early and went to the Yati with a bowl of kheer.
" Pranam Yati dev !", She greeted him with a smile. Arjun opened his eyes by her sudden melodic voice, which he was awaiting for longer.

" Sorry for disturbing you. But Actually , you might be hungry as You haven't had anything at all till this time. So, I have decided to bring something to you ", she said forwarding the bowl towards him.

" Kheer ! It's my favorite . Thanks for your care Princess ",  He said accepting the bowl and saw her lost in some thoughts.

" Are you lost somewhere, princess ? ",He asked making her come to sense.
" I guess it's someone's favourite too ", He whispered with a wide smile, which made her thunderstruck.

" How did he find it out ? Does he know some kind of mind reading or something ?", She thought embarrassedly and tried to avoid his gaze. Arjun just stared at her and suppressed his laugh.

" You can have the kheer now yatidev, before it get cold ", she said as to skip out from the previous topic. Arjun nodded and asked her to join him in the thought that, she too haven't had anything at the last night.

"Eh.. It's okay, I will have later .", she whispered with a sweet innocent smile and turned to leave before he could leak out her further secrets.

Before she could go, Arjun slowly made a cut in one of his fingers and led out a small scream. Subhadra turned to see his fingers bleeding, she ran towards him and tied a piece of her handkerchief around his wound.

" How did this happen ?", she enquired to which he returned a small smile. For his luck she didn't ask further questions after that.

Arjun used the opportunity and acted as it was so hard for him to feed by himself. He continued the same to make her believe.

" Let me bring a spoon for you, yatidev ", she said getting up but he hesitated to her suggestion .

" I'm sorry princess! I can't accept your this offering as I have already sacrificed my luxuries for being a part of  the nature. ", He said glancing her through the corner of his eyes and continued his acting of eating by his wounded hand.

After watching for a few seconds, she felt a little pity over his condition.
" If you don't mind, can I feed you by my hands", she asked without wasting a second.

This was what Arjun was impatiently waiting to hear. He nodded with a calm smile hiding his happiness.

She took the bowl of kheer and glanced at the Yati.
" I haven't feed anyone with my hands not even my prince Arjun !", she thought with a sigh tightening her catch over the bowl in a confusion.

" No.. it's my duty to serve him !", she muttered under her breath avoiding her unnecessary thoughts and sat near by him. She passed a smile and started to feed him.
For him, he was enjoying the very moment with her but for her, she was been engulfed by an unlike set of emotions everytime at his presence.  She continuously struggled to avoid his gleaming eyes  in a fear of his mind reading concept.

Later, on an afternoon , after the meditation he decided to tell a story to her by her demand.

" Once there lived a Prince and Princess, whose love beganned to bloom day by day. His love for her is like the raging sea, So powerful and deep it will forever be. He wake up every day with her smile on his mind and as a symbol of love he gifted a ring for her but destiny has written something else for them....",he started narrating some incidents glancing at her curiosity filled eyes.

She  heard him  doubtfully as  she felt like she was connected with that story. His every words made her run back to the past sweet memories.

" On an occasion the Prince married another beautiful princess...!", he started continuing but he was interrupted by her sudden voice.

" Don't tell me that they have splited and she gifted her ring to the Princess !", She spoke out unknowingly without any realisation.

" How do you know that Princess ?", He asked with a small mischievous smile on his face.

For a moment, She scolded herself for interrupting in between his story .
" Ehm... I was just guessing, Sorry for interrupting ", she replied facing down with her mind still on the question" How did he come to know about it?".

Days passed like this, with the increasing in closeness of their bond. With One trying hard to get back her love and the other  searching an answer for all her curiosities.

_____________________________________

Vote and comment.