Big Tents and Butterflies

The next day was boring. You were unable to stay focused on your regular tasks of staring at the wall or eavesdropping on whomever happened to walk by your prison. Instead you couldn't stop your knee from bouncing, starting every time you heard someone walk near the tent. 

When night fall arrives, your heart accelerates as you hear someone stop directly in front of your tent. Your heart beat quickens as you see the tent flaps part, revealing a figure.

You frown.

Just Flotch, damnit. 

Flotch rolls his eyes at your disappointment and you pause. Are you even disappointed? To be honest you don't really know. A part of you is looking forward to seeing Eren, but at the same time, you have no idea what he wants from you. And he is a murderer who is currently holding you hostage in the middle of no where...

You are broken from your thought as Flotch reaches forward and undoes your chains. The hard steel dropping away from your delicate skin much to your delight. You roll your wrists, your hands feeling light in the absence of the heavy metal you'd grown accustom to over the last couple weeks.  

"Let's go Princess." The red haired man grumbles sarcastically, beckoning you toward the tent door before disappearing into the outside world. You follow after him hesitantly. 

The camp is quite similar to how you'd imagined. A grassy field set up with many rows of tents, not to different from yours and ranging in size and shape. However what does catch you by surprise, is the number of them.

In the dark of night you can't quite see as far as you can, but you are sure there has to be at least hundreds of tents stretching across the vast grassy meadow. Sure you'd known the Jaegerists existed, but you had no idea how influential the Jaeger brothers had really become. 

A cold hand laying flat on your shoulder catches you off guard. You spin around to see Flotch giving you a dark look. The expression in his amber eyes makes your gut twist. 

"If you even dare think of running, just know that there are a lot of people here who aren't particularly fond of Marleyans." He bends down so that his mouth is right next to your ear making you squirm when his hot, foul breath fans over you unpleasantly. "We'll have your head before you even reach the woods." Flotch whispers, emphasizing every word of the threat, and you can see in his eyes that he means it. 

Fear makes you want to throw up, but you force it down. 

Deciding that he'd gotten the point across, Flotch releases you and heads off between some tents toward what would appear to be the center of camp. "C'mon Princess." Flotch snorts and you scurry after him, careful to keep your distance. You don't want anymore of that fish breath in your face. 

Flotch stops in front of a giant tent, clearly one of the center pieces of camp. You hold your breath, knowing what is waiting inside. Who is waiting inside...

The red haired man lets out a low whistle, probably a passcode, then whispers. "She is here." 

You wait for a response, but instead Flotch is pushes you toward the entrance of the tent. 

The inside of the tent is luxurious, far nicer than yours and decorated with many lanterns, some furniture, and even a full sized bed. It all seems oddly untouched though, lifeless and eerie. 

You glance back, expecting Flotch to follow behind you, but instead he is has disappeared. 

Creepy.

You almost scream when two arms suddenly wrap around your shoulders from behind, encasing you in a strange and sudden warmth. The intruder pulls you into their chest, their warm breath fanning across your upper cheek when the rest their head against yours. The stray brown locks tickling your cheeks is a dead giveaway. 

"Glad to see you could make it birdie." Eren smiles softly, turning you in his arms to face him. He brushes your hair from your faces and smiles down at you with soft, emerald eyes that make you melt in his embrace. "I trust that bastard didn't give you any trouble?" He chuckles, referring to Flotch. His eyes scanning over your face tentatively. 

You force a weak smile and shake your head slightly. As much as you hate the strawberry haired man, his threat still rings fresh in your ears, sending shivers down your bones. Besides, something tells you that despite Eren's affections, he'd chose his loyal follower over his prisoner any day if it came down to it. 

Eren doesn't seem to notice your confliction. Instead he leads you to sit down on the bed. "This place is big..." You mutter, hardly even realizing you'd said it.

The tall man chuckles as he wanders around the tent, kicking off his shoes by the door. He must not have gotten here too long before you arrived you realize. "I suppose..." He chuckles. "It's more space than I need since I'm rarely here anyway." You feel butterflies flutter in your stomach when Eren sits down on the comforter beside you. Whether they are good butterflies or bad butterflies, you do not know. 

Eren traces his fingers up your arm softly, his fingertips warm and soft against your skin. His hand then makes its way to cup your cheek, drawing your face to look at him. "You should probably stay here from now on... I don't like not being able to keep an eye on you." He adds, his voice becoming a bit more of a soft growl, a hint of protectiveness seeping into Eren's tone and making your heart flutter. 

This is the part where he tells you he loves you. That he didn't mean to do all those bad things. That he won't do them ever again and he will take care of you and protect you forever because he loves you so much it hurts...

...but he doesn't.

He doesn't do any of those things.

...

Sorry, that was kind of a cliff hanger but I'm kind of having writers block on the next part! I'm working on it though, dw! XD

I will try to post the next part soon though (as soon as possible considering I also have a life too :P)!

I hope you all are doing well and able to stay safe! Love you to bits!

-author <3