c h a p t e r - n i n e t e e n

London

"I can't find my cap!" I yelled, searching frantically throughout the apartment.

"Girl!" Sobari yelled as I ran to the living room to see her holding it up. "I got it. Relax."

"I'm sorry. I'm so late, my mom keeps blowing me up-"

She stopped me, putting her hands on my shoulder.
"Take a deep breath. We're graduating, just four more hours and we won't have to worry about any of this anymore."

I took a deep breath and nodded.
"You're right. Rome should be here any minute."

She smiled and nodded, looking down at her phone that just pinged.
"Speaking of..Justin is outside. I should head out." She grabbed her stuff and turned to me. "Congratulations Lo, we did it."

I pulled her into a tight hug.
"Congratulations Bari, we did it."

She chuckled, pulling away.
"I hope you enjoy your surprise afterwards."

I furrowed my eyebrows.
"What surprise?"

She just smiled before leaving. I raised an eyebrow as I decided to continue getting ready knowing I had gotten up late and thankful that Rome had also gotten up late. My phone started vibrating again and I rolled my eyes thinking it was my mom having yet another unnecessary anxiety attack about how to get into the graduation venue. A smile instantly came onto my face when I saw it was Steph calling me. I answered quickly allowing his voice to fill my ears.
"Congratulations! It's finally your day babygirl!" He smiled.

I chuckled.
"Thank you. Thank you."

"How's the college grad feeling?"

"Aside from my mom annoying the hell out of me, I'm doing great. How's the post season star feeling?"

He chuckled.
"Great, I'll feel even better when you see your surprise."

"Ahh, your mysterious plan that I have no insight on."

"You'll see. I'm just happy I get to celebrate with you before I leave.."

"I am too." I had been extremely grateful that my graduation had fallen before the teams road trip to Houston for games 3 and 4. My phone pinged with a text from Rome saying he was here. "Oh! I'll text you when I get there, I have to head out."

"Alright enjoy yourself, and again Congratulations."

"Thanks babes." I hung up before I grabbed all of my stuff and quickly walked out before Rome started complaining. I walked out to see Rome standing outside the passenger door.

"Fellow graduate!" He yelled, pulling me into a hug.

"Congratulations to us." I smiled, as he let me into the car and got in himself.

We pulled up to Yasmine's place, and of course, she wasn't ready. Rome rolled his eyes and honked the horn once again. She quickly emerged from the house, running to the car and getting in.
"Honk again and you'll get us shot."

I stifled a laugh as Rome pulled off and turned to me.

"Why are you late?" He asked.

"I couldn't find my cap but anyways! Guys! Can you believe we got this far?"

"Remember the promise we made to each other at the end of sophomore year?"

Rome grimaced.
"Those finals were brutal."

"We were all going to drop out and create a YouTube channel."

"Thank god we didn't." I chuckled.