Post Wedding Ritual

After getting ready both Abhi and Ramya went down to the living area, already others were present there. His mother asked her,
" How do you feel now Ramya ??" Ramya nodded her head and said " Better", she didn't speak after that and moved from there silently.

She saw her sister and brother in law having breakfast, she went to them and asked about her father. Sowmya said he went to our village to get everything ready for our post wedding arrival. She was hurt when her father left without a word with her and expressed it. Sowmi said that her father came to their room to tell her but she was sleeping well with the effect of medicines.

Her stomach started to growl, when she saw the hot breakfast on the table. She was about to serve her own food, but she was stopped by her mother in law,
"Ramya today you need to do fast for some special pooja, so you can have food after that". Ramya felt bad , she said " Ok" and stood up from the table, went out. Sowmya and Akash looked on. Sowmi felt bad seeing her sister's face,she knew she can't sustain hunger.

Akash asked his mother, "Ma...we all are having our breakfast, then why not Ramya?? Sowmya also a daughter in law even she had breakfast".

She said," I prayed to God to offer some special pooja when Abhi gets married, because in his marriage there was so many obstacles so as Abhi's wife she have to do the pooja. Moreover this pooja for their betterment. I didn't pray this pooja for you, though Sowmya will not be doing that she can eat".

" Amma... You know she is not well, then why are you doing this?? She need to take her medicines, how can she stay hunger?? " said Abhi.

His mother was perplexed and said "I'm not a cruel mother in law to make her hungry, it's part of rituals. It's a matter of few hours, after that I will give her my hand cooked food ". When she was firm in her decision, Abhi was helpless. His mother asked him to have his breakfast soon, immediately he denied that.

" She will be doing this pooja for myself and for our betterment, then how will I eat?? I will have food after pooja " said Abhi and left the room. His mother was surprised, meanwhile Sowmya and Akash smiled looking at eachother.

*****************************************

Ramya was in mixed emotions, she was angry, hurt and now hunger too. She was irritated with her mother in law's constant insensitive behaviour. She touched her stomach while she felt damn hungry and drink some water. That time Abhi came and looked at her, he gave her a glass of milk to drink. She got irked with him and denied taking that and said to him that she don't need. Abhi tried to convince her about his mother's behaviour but she rejected his pleas, went to the car and sat inside.

Abhi looked worried, Sowmya who witnessed all this said to Abhi, " When she gets hungry, immediately she will get angry. She can't stay hunger for long time. Please don't mistake her behaviour ". Abhi smiled and said " I can understand, she is little annoyed so, no problems".

Both the couples went in car to do the special pooja, Sowmiya and Akash shared happy moments. While Abhi tried to strike a conversation with Ramya, but she didn't give a chance to him and pretended to be slept.

Akash and Sowmiya sit together for the pooja following Abhi and Ramya. Ramya was not at all interested in it, because it was the pooja for couples to long-live together. She was expecting a chance to get rid of this marriage. So she intentionally did some mistakes to make it fail, but Abhi handled everything with a smile. He ensured that Ramya should be comfortable with everything.

Once the both the couples completed the pooja, Abhi's mom asked him and Ramya to do another special pooja. Her mother in law asked her to do it carefully without any mistakes, Ramya was irked by her taunting behaviour and does the pooja properly.
After completing the pooja Abhi and Ramya were asked to exchange the garlands and to take a round around the temple for twenty one times as the part of ritual. Hesitatingly Ramya does it, while taking rounds Ramya felt damn tired sometime she was stopping for a moment then and there weakly, due to her hunger and sickness. But Abhi came in her support, held her shoulders with his arms , walked along with her to complete the rounds successfully.

Now as per the rituals the newly wedded wife have to tie the nuptial rope on the temple tree branch. Sowmya tied the nuptial thread carefully on the tree, next it was Ramya's turn. She tried to tie it on one of the tree branches, she had to tip toe to reach the tree branches since she was short. While trying to tie she stumbled and fell down Everyone over there started to laugh, she felt insulted and was about to cry. Sowmya helped her to get up and asked her to not to feel bad.

Her mother in law asked her to try again, she said she has to complete the ritual anyway but Ramya was hesitant. She knew she is shorter than Sowmya so, definitely she can't reach the height of tree.

All of a sudden Abhi lifted her with his arms and asked her to tie the rope, she was surprised at his gesture but she obliged him without a word. She felt something strange in his touch, she don't know why but she felt his touch does something to her and also gave her a comfort.

After tying the rope, he dropped her down slowly, made her stand properly and asked looking at others,
" What's there to laugh when someone fell down??" If you can't help... better stay quiet instead of hurting others" said Abhi. Everyone looked at him with a wide eyes.

" She can't reach the tree, since she is short. So what ?? Yeah she is short but I'm tall enough to support my wife. Hereafter don't make fun of others " said Abhi and moved away holding Ramya's hand.

They completed all the rituals, throughout the time Abhi helped in doing everything, Ramya was surprised. Eventhough she didn't say a word he understands her emotions and act accordingly.

" Ramya all the rituals were completed, now you can have your lunch " said her mother in law and gave her the lunch box she packed from home. But, Ramya denied taking it and said she will go home and eat along with others. Her mother in law understood her anger and tried to justify her act. Meanwhile Sowmiya and Akash came there and asked Ramya to eat the food, she said the same to them.

Shortly after that Abhi came there and asked Ramya to eat the food, he said if she fail to eat then he will feed her. She was taken back at his act, she knew he was serious in what he said so, she started to eat.
Everyone happy looking at them, Sowmi smiled thinking about how Abhi ignored breakfast for Ramya, handled her temper throughout the day.

"Ramya, you know even Abhi didn't have breakfast " said Sowmi. Ramya was surprised and asked the reason. Sowmya told her what happened today morning, Ramya was little pleased with his kind behaviour. She recollected all his acts from the morning, she thought atleast he consider her situation unlike his mother. She asked him to share the food with her, he denied saying that she will be hungry and he will have it later. But Ramya forced him to have and gave his share of food in another plate, Abhi was surprised at her sweet gesture first time after their marriage and he happily eats it.

He said, " Thank you for leaving your anger and having food, and also sharing with me".
Ramya was astonished to see his polite behaviour, somewhere she felt relaxed seeing him harmless and kind.

To Be Continued...

***********************************

Hey Guys!!!

I hope you all will like this story and If you are impressed with my new chapter, don't mind to post your comments and share your votes.
Your support is the most important thing for me to write further. I believe you will keep supporting me.
Next update will be next week guys , kindly wait for that.

Thank you
Meenakshi Jothi