Night Drive

Ramya reached home after college and was excitedly waiting for Abhi. He returned home later than usual, looking at his tired face and she gave up her excitement. He didn't tell her anything about their night ride, so she thought he would not be able to take her out tonight, so she went to bed and slept on disappointed.

Around 12pm, Abhi went near her, shook her shoulders and asked her to get up.

" Ramya... Ramya... Get up" said Abhi.

"Hmmmm.... What?? Do you need anything??" Asked Ramya getting up from her sleep.

He smiled and said, " Come... Let's go for a ride". Ramya looked at him surprisingly.

She rubbed her eyes and looked at him once again then notice the time, she shook her head in disbelief and asked,

" Are you crazy?? It's going to be midnight, how can we go now?? If aunty knows this tomorrow she will give me extra lectures. I'm not ready for that " said Ramya.

Abhi looked at her and asked, " Don't you want kulfi ??" 

Her eyes popped out , she got tempted badly and nodded her head like a kindergarten kid. 

"Then come, let's go soon, the shop maybe closed in sometime, then you will be disappointed" said Abhi.

" Ok.. I'm coming " Ramya jumped like a kid from her bed and went to the closet to change her night dress.

"Hey... Where are you going??" Asked Abhi

" To change my dress, how can I come with this night dress?? " Asked Ramya.

"Wait... I will come now" said Abhi and went into the closet. He picked up a jacket and gave it to her. 

"Wear it, this will cover you well, as well as warm you at midnight. You may feel cold on bike trips, " said Abhi.

Ramya's eyes twinkled for a moment, she smiled inward, took it from him and wore it instantly. She checked her face and hair once in the mirror and left satisfied. Abhi also took another jacket and wore it.

They both slowly peeked out from their house silently. Abhi signalled Ramya to not to make any noise, she obliged. He silently moved the bike without starting it and went out from their compound wall. After walking away a few metres he started the bike and asked Ramya to sit.

Unlike the previous time, she touched his shoulders most comfortably and sat behind him by placing both her legs on either side. 

Once he started riding she felt the chill in her spine. It was the end of December so the weather was cold and pleasant. Almost all the roads were empty, since it was a beach road there was not much crowd, it was a pleasant feeling to enjoy the chill breeze and sounds of sea waves together. She extended her hands, took a deep breath and enjoyed her very first night ride in her lifetime.

Abhi chuckled and said teasingly,

" Someone said they don't want to come, but it seems they are enjoying and doing breathing exercises in this cold weather " 

Ramya was offended and said, "We came to enjoy right, I'm doing that only. If you want you too enjoy yourself,who stopped you??" 

" Ok...ok...cool relax. If I enjoy like you, then we both will fall down" said Abhi and continued driving, she pouted her lips.

After twenty minutes he stopped his bike at the ice-cream parlour. He asked her favourite flavour and purchased the same from there.

They both walked a little inside near the shore and sat on the beach sand. He gave her favourite pistachio kulfi to taste. Instantly she unwrapped the covers and started to enjoy having it. Abhi looked at her surprisingly, she licked the ice-cream like a small kid, some were melted and spilled on her dress. But she was not bothered about it and continuously enjoyed eating it.