Chapter 14

"Please Gia. You're the best baby sitter in the village."
"Yeah... but he's not a baby," Gia said gesturing to Branch, as he was playing tag with a few of the other kids Gia was watching.

     "He thinks he is. Please. I can't take him with me, and I can't leave him alone. His life literally depends on this, Gia. Please."

     Gia looked back at Branch, who was running from one of the younger trolls in the day care. They were both laughing, having the time of their lives.

     "Fine. I'll watch him," Gia said.
"Thank you, Gia," Poppy said, hugging her. "I'll be back as soon as we find the leader of the others."

     Slowly she walked over to Branch, who stopped playing to look at her.

     "Are we leaving?" he asked.
"Listen, Branch. I have to go somewhere, and while I'm away, you have to stay with Gia."
"What? But I don't know Gia."
"It'll be ok, Branch."
"No. I want to stay with you. I like you."

     Tears came to Poppy's eyes, as she saw the sadness on Branch's face.

     "I know, Branch... but you can't come with me. It's too dangerous. Please. Just stay here. I promise I'll be back."

     He looked away, sadly, and Poppy hugged him.

     "I'll come to get you, when I get back. Ok?" He nodded, but didn't look up at her.

     She hugged him one last time, and then ran away to go find Ariana.