Chapter 10 Temple of the Key

The battle at Crash Site Alpha began to escalate more and more! Two Feds found themselves taking cover in the caves, one of which was crouching down. . .

Fed 1: Oh god, I'm hit!

Fed 2: Medic! We need a medic over here!

And a medic arrived in seconds, however it was a Rebel medic.

Medic: I'm a medic! Calm down, soldier. Where are you hit?

Fed 1: Oh, those bastards got me. They got me right in the lap!

Medic: Alright, ah. . . I'm sorry, what was that?

Fed 1: Ahh. . . the lap! I was shot in the lap!

Medic: So, like, your upper thigh?

Fed 2: Didn't you hear him? He said his lap!

Fed 1: Oh god, my lap!

Medic: It's just that that's not really a proper anatomical-

Fed 2: Well, excuse my friend here for not being a certified medical genius!

Fed 1: Ahh. . . come on, lady! Cut me some slack, I'm bleeding out here!

Medic: Um, right. Sorry. Are you hit anywhere else?

Fed 1: My tummy!

Fed 2: Got him right in the tummy.

Medic: *sighs* . . . This is gonna be a long day.

The Reds proceeded to drive by before coming to a temporary stop.

Sarge: Simmons, status report!

Simmons: We're completely surrounded, severely unprepared and reinforcements aren't coming any time soon!

Sarge: Excellent news! *exits vehicle*

Grif: Excellent?!

Sarge: I was beginning to worry this wasn't gonna be much of a fight! But ya gotta hand it over to those villains! Always one step ahead. *chuckles* You could learn a thing or two from them, Simmons.

Simmons: I'll be sure to keep that in mind if we survive, sir.

Grif: *exits vehicle* Any bright ideas, Colonel?

Sarge: The way I see it, we'll punch through the Pirates' defenses with an adrenaline fueled, slow-motion car crash! Thus creating an opening for us to escape and allowing me to scratch one more thing off my bucket list.

Grif: How do you just make something slow motion?

Sarge: If it's epic enough, life finds a way.

Simmons: Love the enthusiasm! It's great sir, really. But do you think we could try something that won't get my head blown off?

And suddenly, a group of pirates on higher ground raised their weapon at them.

Pirate: Fire!

But before they could, three grenades crashed into them and exploding on impact, blowing them away! The Reds looked up to see South on the Grenade Turret of Sister's Falcon.

Kaikaina: You know, dickin' around is gonna get your head blown off too, right?

Delta: I am inclined to agree.

South: We're regrouping with Wash, that's an order.

Sarge: But you don't even have a rank!

South: I think the grenade launcher I'm using speaks for itself.