Chapter 17 All or Nothing

The Epsilon Unit began to awaken, seeing both his holder and Ruby in purple shades as he reactivated.

Theta(Epsilon): Are we okay?

His vision went black. . . and returned, seeing more of his friends but with a green shade.

Delta(Epsilon): Running diagnostics. Significant trauma detected.

His vision soon turned silver, all of his allies present. . .

Omega(Epsilon): Charon's going to regret that.

And finally. . . Church himself regained his senses, the Magenta Girl crouched down right in front of him with her helmet off.

Ruby: Church. . .?

His AI chip rested on the ground and his tiny blue body was projected above it.

Church: Ugh. . . North. . . was one crazy son of a bitch.

South: He's fine, let's leave.

Caboose: HE'S ALIVE!

Allison: Are you okay?

Church: Yeah. . . Yeah, I'm good. Uh. . . Uh where are we?

Ruby handed him to Rachel while putting her helmet back on. They made their way outside. . . They stood within the Jungle Canyon. . . Crash Site Bravo. . . The crippled forces of the colonists made do with what they had, and tried to organize the damaged equipment.

Rachel: There's more taking shelter inside the ship. . . but most of us are just scattered around the planet.

Ruby: We're worried about Kimball. . .

Allison: The Feds just think that she let Doyle die. . .

Rachel: She's hardly said a word since we landed.

Church: What happened?

Wash: The mercenaries escaped. . .

They turned to face him.

Wash: In a few hours this will all be over. . . one way or another.

*Jungle Temple*

Felix activated the energy sword.

Felix: Oh, I will never get tired of that.

Locus: We lost too many people.

Felix: Fewer people, bigger cuts. Besides, we have all we need right here.

The lighter merc walked up to the gateway.

Felix: Isn't that right?

Santa: If you now possess the key, then you have proven your worth.

Felix: That's what I like to hear. . . So, when we activate this Purge-

Santa: The Purge should only be activated as a last resort. . . if the inhabitants of the planet are not worthy.

Felix: Buddy, trust me, I've met the guys, so not worthy. I just wanna double check and be sure that we won't be wiped along with them.

Santa: *sighs* Those residing within the temple will be spared.

Felix: Perfect! Now how exactly do we activate-

Locus: What about our remaining forces? They'll be killed guarding the communication tower.

Felix: Look, they were good men. . . Well, actually they were disgusting, murdering bastards! But the point is what they don't know won't hurt 'em. . . until they're dead.