Chapter 9: Suprise

AERO's POV

"We're back!" Sarah-J yelled from somewhere in the house. She came into the living room with Ben following close behind.

"We're actually about to head out." Thomas told her as he zipped up his sweatshirt.

"And where are you all going?" She asked folding her arms.

"A party." He responded to her.

"Perfect!" She said turning to face Ben. "This is a good test of your social skills. Go change into one of the new outfits. And before you think of grabbing a sweater-don't." She grabbed his arms and turned him around. She then pushed him out of the doorway and into the other room.

"I feel like it would have been easier to host the party  at this point." Thomas sighed sarcastically.

I stood up off the couch and walked over to him. I grabbed his hand and stood real close to him.

"We don't have to go." I said.

"Nah, that's okay. Can't let the circle down."

I smiled and laughed a little. I will admit I have missed the gang.

It's so nerve racking but also kind of exciting to potentially have all of my friends meet each other.

He squeezed my hand back and looked down at me batting his baby blues.

"Let's get this show on the road!" Parker yelled ruining Thomas's and I's little moment.

I sighed and then pulled away from him.

"We're ready!" Sarah-J said. "Come on!" She turned and said behind her.

Ben walked into the room slowly looking almost like a different person. He wore a pair of blue jeans with blue vans. On top he wore a black t-shirt- yes a t-shirt- that had The Clash band logo on it. Even his hair looked more relaxed.

"Woah he's not dressed like a nerd." Parker joked.

I've never seen Ben like this- it's really weird to see. I didn't know how to react so I changed the subject back to heading out.

***

"Have you ever been to a party at Garrets before?" I asked Thomas as we approached the address Aurelie sent me.

"I don't even know who Garret is if I'm honest." He responded.

The address lined up with a big, beautiful house with blue trim.

"Alright first college party!" Parker cheered earning some random cheer noises from Lila.

"You've never been to a college party? How sad." Sarah-J said almost disgusted.

Thomas and I lead everyone up the front steps and to the door. We could hear loud music playing from inside.

"Guys, try not to get too crazy, okay?" I asked everyone. They nodded their heads with big guilty smiles.

Thomas turned the doorknob and pushed the door open so we could go in together.

"SURPRISE!!"

Loud cheering startled us. Popping noises from confetti canons went off followed by clapping.

Aurelie, Patrick, Lea, and Jo all stood in front of us. I think they looked almost as shocked as we did.

I looked around the room to see a "Happy Birthday" banner hanging on the wall with balloons everywhere.

"Jesus Christ." Thomas sighed and hung his head low.

"This isn't exactly what I imagined." I heard Parker whisper from behind me.

In Between The LiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara