Chapter 19: Hot Blooded

AERO's POV

"I'm so sorry you had to endure that." I apologized to Thomas as we walked up the stairs to his dormitory.

Thomas shrugged his shoulders. "He's an interesting character."

Oh you have no idea.

"Ugh!" I sighed frustrated. "And I- I feel like I can't even be mad at him!"

We opened the door and entered his room. Patrick wasn't inside so it was just the two of us.

"I mean he had a point, didn't he? While I was here pretending to be another person my friends were going through hell!" I said collapsing onto the bed.

I placed my hands on my forehead and took a deep breath.

Thomas sat down next to me and said, "You can't blame yourself."

I lowered my hands and looked up at him. "I never should have left Parker in the first place. I know our background, I know how he gets. It was selfish to just leave."

He leaned down over me and got close to my face. "But if you never came here, we wouldn't be doing this." He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine.

A little smile crossed my lips and then I pulled away.

"And I thought- in the back of my mind- that maybe you guys could get along. I mean, you're not completely different."

"You think we're similar?" Thomas asked almost offended.

I ignored his question and said, "I mean sure Parker acts like a douchebag and I would never tell him this—but he's my favorite person. He's the only other person who knows exactly the pain I have felt in my life."

Thomas nodded his head slowly, and then fell on his back letting our shoulders touch.

"I get that. That's how I felt with Charlie." He sighed and rubbed my palm with his fingers.

I sat up a little and said, "Correction, he's my second favorite person."

A smile crossed his face as I leaned in for another kiss.

I pulled away quickly again and said, "But still I don't want to fight with him anymore."

Rolling his eyes Thomas sat up. He stood up and began to unbutton his shirt.

"We'll think about that tomorrow. It's late, and I only want to be thinking about you." He smiled.

I shook my head and laughed.

Boys.

PARKER's POV

"Don't you think you were a little out of line there?" Cole lectured me as we walked into the dorm room. I knew a heated discussion was coming when we were both silent the whole way here.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're not at all hurt by Aero just up and leaving us?" I asked.

"I don't know, I guess I was. But now I'm just happy we're all together now." He shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

"I just want her to be safe! I've let her down so many times. She deserves to have someone in her life who can protect her so if this Thomas guy is it I need to know." I explained.

Cole nodded his head slowly. "I understand that. But Aero is also an adult who deserves to make her own decisions. You just have to accept that Thomas is one of those."

"Times were easier when she was dating Ben, I mean he did a shit job at protected her but at least i pesci know everything about him." I said sarcastically.