Chapter 15

I do not own any images, all images belong to their rightful owner.

_________________________________________

3rd Person POV

Time continued in the kingdom of Lev as the children of the four dukes began to slowly get involved in the social affairs of high society. During this past year Albert, Edmund, and Viola especially began to prove themselves. Albert dedicated himself to his studies and tried his best to earn the title of crown prince, even if that title was not his quite yet. Edmund began to accompany his father for work from time to time so he can get used to the family occupation of supervising the flow of trade in the kingdom, however as he is still very young, he can only watch and study as much as possible. Viola got more involved in the social life of nobility per her mother's request, she has gone to many social gatherings and studied the art of socializing... as well as resorting to any tactic to keep the flow of conversation in her favour.

James and Raymond have also begun to attend social gatherings, mostly ones with other noble children attending, mostly so that they don't get bored. On the other hand, James has finally begun to show promise in his studies and as the future heir to the dukedom; his manners have greatly improved, courtesy of Viola's extra help, his studies have improved, and he has proven himself to be quite skilled at the art of the sword, resulting in his tutors praising him for being a fast learner. His reputation has been kept at a steady rise and he finally carries himself as not only the son of a duke, but a promising potential heir to the duke of the West.

All in all, this past year has been a year of progress for these five children of the highest nobles in the kingdom.

.

.

.

The curtains of James's room open revealing the bright sunlight and lighting up his room. James groans loudly as he covers his head with his blanket. "You know very well that such a thing won't work young lord." Says Anne sternly as she rips James's blanket off of him and steps away to prepare his set of clothes for the day. "Aaaaaannneeeeee!" Groans James in an annoyed tone as he rolls in bed like a child throwing a tantrum. Meanwhile Anne ignores his childish behavior completely and sets his clothes neatly on his bed. "Honestly, you are far too old for this sort of behavior." Says Anne as she shakes her head in disapproval. "I'm only teeennnnn, and I'm tiiiireeeed! I studied so much yesterday that my brain went on strike! Have some mercyyyyy!" Whines James as Anne only stares at him blankly. "Please hurry Young Lord, your dance teacher will be upset if you are late... again." Says Anne, and as soon as she does James shudders in dread as he rushes to get ready. Anne smiles slightly at James's complete change in behavior.

Time Skip

"uuggghhhh, Anne, please tell me I'm done for today." Says James as he lays his head on the table; economics class was especially hard for him, and he did not have the energy to do anything after such a brutal class. "You are done with classes for today." Says Anne. "Thank God!" Says James as he wraps his arms around his head on the table. "However you do have to attend a party hosted by Earl Bleu." Finishes Anne as James groans loudly, borderline screeching actually. Anne only sighs at her young lord's behavior, but a pang of sympathy at her young lord's exhaustion leads to the decision of preparing him a snack for when he returns, so he can finally relax after the day is over.

After James gets ready for the party, while whining and complaining, he waits for his mother.

"Jaaaamesss!" Says Christine excitedly as she runs, as fast as a toddler can possibly run, towards her older brother. "Hii Christyyyy." Says James in a cheerful voice as he picks up his younger sister. "Oh James, you look so handsome! And Christine looks so adorable with her little frilly dress! Ah what did I ever do to deserve such adorable children!" Gushes Lady Isabelle as James sweat-drops at his mother's antics. "It is about time for you both to be leaving. You might be late if you wait any longer." Says Lord Vincent as James hands his younger sister to his father. "You are right dear. Don't miss me too much Christy." Says Isabelle as she hugs Christine goodbye and gives her husband a peck on the cheek (because the children are watching), now walking towards James so they can leave.