200 years

200 years.

You marked off another day on your calendar, the date circled with red ink that boldly exclaimed "200 YEARS!!!"

200 years of being in your small cottage, surrounded by nothing but forest and the creatures it held, living a simple life by yourself. Alone. With no one else.

Now, to anyone else, that might seem...weird or anxiety-inducing. But to you, going outside of your cottage was scarier-and anyway, what was so bad about having a cottage to yourself, with a flourishing farm, safe and away from whoever could hurt you?

Snapping your fingers, you extinguished the fire on your stove immediately, the pot starting to bubble over. The potion inside glinted, crimson smoke billowing out of the pot, the smell of soot starting to spread across the room. You sighed, waving your hands about to try and get rid of it. It was honestly your fault for being distracted, but honestly, 200 years was a long time so you had a perfectly justifiable reason!

"Well, at least I know the potion's gonna work." Grabbing some bottles, the glass clinking together, you quickly poured the potion into them, holding them up proudly when finished. Your animals were really gonna like this.

Cracking open the window, you smiled down at the chickens, who cawed happily at the sight of you, rushing over-the cows and the sheep were simply too lazy to even look your way. You did always think it was a shame to break the bottles each time, dropping the potion onto the chickens beneath you, watching as the particles floated up towards the sky, red spirals spinning around. "They wouldn't drink it anyway, this is the best way," you reassured yourself, flicking your hand up so the shards would come towards you, away from the chickens who would no doubt trample in it. "And I can fix it. The power of magic."

Letting out a small laugh, you fixed the bottle, still transfixed on the process of the glass melting and welding together into its normal shape, even though you had done this millions of times before. It rolled a little on the table, completely fixed.

"And now time for the sheep-"

There was a loud bang, your furniture rattling out of place, the squawks and cries of your animals echoing into the forest. Running to the window, you checked to make sure they were ok, the fences completely intact while they ran back into their shelters. To make sure they were extra safe, you locked the doors to the shelters, snapping your fingers to make the padlocks click together, taking a quick look at your vegetables.

They would be replaceable, the animals were definitely more important.

Judging by the rumbling that was still happening, your poor shelves of ingredients starting to rattle onto the floor, the source of the noise was a TNT explosion, not from a creeper, since those explosions didn't cause as much destruction.

"This better be a rogue explosion or something..." you muttered under your breath, grabbing your staff tightly, the diamond at the top glowing as your fingers touched the wood.

This also better not disturb the peace.