flower picking

Stumbling a little, you fell behind, ankle completely giving up on you and twisting, causing you to crash to the floor with the grace of an elephant. You rolled your eyes, watching as Techno kept walking, going several metres before noticing you were gone.

As soon as he turned back, you jumped to your feet, dusting yourself off and raising an eyebrow when he ran back, smiling apologetically.

"You're acting like you know where you're going." You poked him in the chest, grinning widely when he took a step back, sword clutched anxiously in his hand.

Coughing nervously, he turned away from you. "Sorry, Y/N."

You laughed, a fond smile making its way onto your face. "I was joking, idiot." He relaxed visibly, and you started to walk again, leading the way, Techno walking slightly behind you with his sword ready. It was honestly quite insulting if you thought about it. Did he really think you couldn't defend yourself?

Sure, without your staff, the only magic you could do was conjure up a small flame, but still!

You made a "tch" sound, glaring at Techno's sword. Something in you still resented him a little bit for coming into your life and disturbing the peace-he was technically the reason why Dream was after you-but...Techno wasn't bad. You could tell.

"Watch out."

You blinked, completely lost in your thoughts, Techno coming to stand in front of you, lunging forward with his sword. A pained groan rang out, and you peeked out from behind his shoulder, seeing a zombie slowly fading into the ground, orbs of experience dropping to the ground. Techno sighed in relief, sheathing his sword.

"It was only a zombie," you said, heart pounding, reverberating around your entire body. He looked down, and your heart skipped a beat, something happening when you made eye contact.

"Still," he answered, rubbing his neck awkwardly. "Carry on leading the way, Y/N."

Turning the corner, you couldn't help but start sprinting, too excited to care about being in danger.

The clearing opened out into a large field, masses of colour popping out from every inch of it-herbs and flowers all blooming brilliantly everywhere, a witch's dream. Smiling, you brushed your hand against the tall grass, watching as glowing particles rubbed off and floated off into the sky, the wind whispering as it took them away.

Oh, and the best thing about this place-the smell. Hundreds and thousands of clashing smells mixed together, something that sounded like it should be awful and yet, it worked, caramel and flower and pine all forming to make one thing that soothed you with one breath.

The whole ground was infused with magic, the wildlife giggling as you moved around, eyes glittering at the masses of new plants; including something that was definitely not there the last time you went, a tree that was small enough to be a bush, purple-pink flowers sprouting in between the leaves, small glowing orbs flying off them into the sky. Without hesitating, you picked a few off, making sure to tap the tree and give it some magic as thanks (some plants demanded payment, and if you didn't deliver...well, it wouldn't end well), wrapping it up and placing it into your satchel.

Phil hadn't asked for it, but you just needed to know what it was.

Techno came to stand at your side, head moving from side to side to see the entire field, mouth slightly open. He looked a little like a child, eyes wide and glinting excitedly at everything.

Almost...cute.

Shaking your head, you smacked your face lightly, trying to sort yourself out. You were here to gather ingredients, not think about how Techno was pretty.