[31] - Under The Moonlight

"You..." Aqua said through gritted teeth, her hands balled into fists, her nails digging into her palm.

"Long time no see, partner." He smiled, a psychopathic grin only Ruth was able to wear.

"I am not your partner." Her jaw ached with how tight she clenched it, soon going numb with the pain.

"Hm? Why is that? I thought we were..." He bent down and picked up the dagger, "Friends," he sneered, getting into position, ready to attack.

"You would do anything for power," Aqua scrunched her nose in disgust.

"Oh look who's talking!" He ran towards her, lifting up his hand as to stab her, but with her magical shield ahead of her, he stumbled backwards, his feet digging into the mud.

Rain flooded the land, showering them with ice cold droplets, that had a shiver run down Aqua's spine.

The only way for her to get Ruth to quit Jayden's body, would be to injure him. And that conflicted her. She didn't want to hurt him, yet was ready to risk it all just to end Ruth's reign.

Aqua dodged another attempt of attack, tumbling down onto one knee. She looked up, a slim tornado floating above her palm. Blowing it towards Jayden, he fell back, the dagger slipping from between his fingers and onto the ground. She ran to grab it and just as she did, Jayden came running her way.

They stumbled into each other. He fell atop her, trying to steal the dagger from her hand. Aqua struggled beneath him, but managed to slit just above his hipbone in time.

He groaned in pain and she pushed him off her, watching Ruth's soul leaving his body for him to own once more. With Ruth's image exposed and unguarded, Aqua growled, anger surging through her veins.

This soul shall never live on.

"I didn't think you'd hurt him so easily. Maybe you've just always been heartless," she sneered, grabbing the dagger and breaking out into a sprint towards Aqua, her hand held high with the raw intention of killing her with no mercy. Unlike Aurelia, Ruth was as vindictive as she could ever be. She didn't have much to lose.

Aqua felt her world crash and burn. A burden fell atop her shoulders, like she was closer to death for a third time coming. In a sudden presence, Igujin and Hedjun each came by Aqua's sides. Their fingers interlaced, and tightened. And with his cane coming in direct contact with Ruth's chest, she fell victim to Hedjun's reaping, disappearing into thin air.

The Gods accompanied her to the underworld, and Aqua remained standing in her place, unable to fathom the circumstances.

The last of the fire was put out, and soon, it was nothing but a shower pouring down upon a ruined land, and a panting Aqua.

Jayden's pained moaning snapped her out of her trance and she rushed to him, getting on her knees to hold him in between her arms.

Her hand trailed down his chest and onto his wound, releasing a healing whirlwind of light. His flesh stitched itself back, his sweater left torn and bloodied.

"You didn't hesitate to do that, did you?" He lightly chuckled.

"You're immortal," she reminded him, smiling down at him.

Jayden prompted himself up, fixing his position to sit in front of her. "Yeah! I still need to get used to that—"

Before he got to complete his words, he was cut off, shocked when Aqua's lips pressed onto his. She softly cupped his cheek, the rain never ceasing as it streamed down in strings of silver against the moonlight.

Jayden responded back to the kiss, his hand snaking around her waist, drawing her close; into him. Slightly pulling back, he laughed. "I should get wounded more often."

Aqua giggled at his silliness, unable to fight the smile away. "Sorry about that."

"About what?" he raised his eyebrows, teasing. "The kiss or almost killing me?"

"I didn't 'almost kill you,' it was just a small wound." She grinned. "And I'm most definitely not sorry about the kiss."