Part 10: Hysteria

Ding, Dong, Bing, Bong...

Bing, Bong, Ding, Dong!

  The monitor in your room flashed to life, showing a row of less than enthusiastic Monokubs.

  "...rise and shine, ursine." They called out, tired in mood.

  "Nyum, nyum... This is an official announcement from the Ultimate Academy... " Monophanie let out.

  "Nom, nom... It is now 8 am. Time to wake up... nyum, nyum..." Monotaro told the students.

  "What are you eating!?" Monosuke demanded.

  "...IT-IS-OKAY." Monodam decided.

  "What do you mean, okay!?" Monosuke yelled out at his green brother.

  "IT-IS-NOW-8 AM... EVERYBODY-WAKE-UP. UNLESS-YOU-ARE-DEAD, THEN-DISREGARD. LET-US-ALL-BE-POSITIVE-AND-EXCITED-TODAY.."

  "So long, Bear Well!" Just like that, your monitor turned off, leaving you to get up. As you stretched out your limbs, you noticed something... strange.

  You..were super refreshed. Mind clear, eyes bright, joints didn't hurt, you didn't want to go back to sleep. You had slept... super well last night. Your sleep schedule hadn't changed at all, but here you were, feeling great.

You stepped out of the room to an empty central dorm area, walking out to a courtyard with Miu and Shuichi just heading into the school. You started jogging to keep up, ready to report yourself as very much alive.

  "Well well, we've got another!" As soon as you opened the door, Kaito's voice rang out in a celebratory shout.

  "Pardon?" You asked, looking around the room.

  "We were just taking note of the absent people here. Maki is staying in her lab, Ryoma in his room, and Kokichi has Gonta with him, sneaking around." Keebo reported.

  "We were gonna take a look around for you, but no need." Kaito flashed you a thumbs up.

  "Well, now that that's covered and all..." Tenko trailed off, pressing her fingers together as she stole a quick glance at you. As soon as you made eye contact, she forced her gaze away, at Himiko instead.

  "...what are those two doing?" Tenko asked, changing the subject to Himiko and Angie, who were standing with their arms out in what looked like a prayer.

"Wait, what are you two doing?" Shuichi repeated the question directly to it's intended recipients.

  "Praying to Atua, of course." Angie answered.

  "Praying to Atua." Himiko answered.

  "Huuuuh!? You too, Himiko!?" Tenko shouted out, shocked.

  "Figures." You sneered, turning away from the two. You'd have nothing to do with them. You wanted nothing to do with them.

  As you approached the kitchen door, Kirumi made sure to step aside to let you in, a kind gesture you appreciated.

  Once inside, you made your usual rounds, nabbing a few muffins(apple pie today) and a water bottle, before standing at a counter to eat. You made sure to take your time, chewing each bite exactly one hundred times to waste time that Angie was using to preach.

  When you finally finished eating, a good number of minutes later, you threw out the wrappers, uncapping the water bottle as you stepped out of the kitchen.

  "Is the religious talk done yet?" You sighed, looking around the room.

  Himiko and Angie were absent, leaving everyone else with looks of apprehension, and Tenko with one of residual shock.