헤라.

Taehyung hadn't slept properly since the day Byeol went 'missing

Taehyung hadn't slept properly since the day Byeol went 'missing.' The struggle of maintaining a search and rescue team along with taking care of a Jungkook that seemed to never be sober, was extreme. He'd lost Byeol. And seemingly he'd lost his brother too.

Those lovers died together.

One in betrayal, one in guilt.

The entire CIS were on search missions to find Byeol, their prestigious Agent 001. But their efforts all failed as they didn't even think it possible for a base to be built underwater. That wasn't their fault, Shadow were notorious for their advanced tech, who would've thought they'd set up base underwater where any sort of signal shouldn't be able to reach them?

As for Jungkook.

He'd lost his mind, his hatred for Byeol consumed him in ways he knew not possible. Alcohol became an addiction, and smoking became a coping mechanism.

You see, Byeol despised cigarettes.

The foul scent of tobacco, the way the smoke would string so far out, reaching into the noses of those metres away, those who (including her) were trying to avoid it. The way it mixed into the atmosphere which only contributed to the death of nature. That's why he smoked.

Just like Byeol he was childish, he acquired a sense of satisfaction that he was doing something she didn't like. Even though he himself hated every second of smoking the cigar.

He wasn't interested at the fact, but with his hyung erratically trying to accomplish a goal, he was aware of Byeol going missing. Not that he gave a flying fuck, he just held the information uselessly.

The black box footage was retrieved from the vehicles that were there on the day at the cliff. Jungkook watched it everyday. He watched her shatter her own arms in desperate attempt to save him. It didn't move his heart at all, he'd stopped using it, perhaps loving her killed him. Perhaps it was time to realise some lovers are temporary, and although it hurt the pair of them. They knew they weren't soulmates.

And maybe it was time to let fate pull them apart, since both of them were so extremely exhausted of fighting it. Their forever had an expiration date.

Meanwhile Byeol had erupted like a dormant volcano eager to ooze it's lava. But this certain super volcano wasn't allowed to do what it pleased, it couldn't just wipe out an entire continent with it's power. It was caged. Controlled.

By a man who sought vengeance. A child really.

Kim Jaechan stood the example of a famous proverb.

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel it's warmth.

A neglected kid, all he desired was to be loved, just that wish neared him to his meeting with the devil in hell. I'm sure Satan has a mouthful to say to him. Love stabbed him. Literally. Love was all he wished to feel, and now he could feel no more. Nothing but a bullet of revenge stuck in his throat, creeping it's way up and choking him, forcing him to get his justice.