Chapter 15 -Too easily, words of war become acts of war

The mockingbird flew above the irate lion, singing his sweet song as the lion desperately tried to catch and kill the bird. Yet the bird was too wise for the lion, whose only goal was to silence the mockingbird. He flew high, he flew low, he hid around corners, he hid behind statues. Soon the bird grew tired, and the lion truly believed it was his turn to win. He tensed his body and had all his focus on the singing mockingbird that he could gobble up in one healthy bite. Still, before he could pounce on the bird, a wolf appeared from nowhere, having also heard the mockingbird's pleasing sound, attacked the distracted lion for the prey. This allowed the bird to fly safely away; his mocking tones camouflaged by the growls of the fighting alphas fighting for prey that had flown away - his imitating voice cackling as he did.

Visenya had slept a peaceful night until she saw the unfolding fight between the lion and the wolf and wondered what was so alluring regarding the mockingbird that had two majestic beasts fighting. Yet it made sense as the scene seemed to dissolve; the lion into a room where a small man stood, while before him, the wolf transformed into a woman, a woman knew all too well. Catelyn Stark. Men surrounded the little man as Catelyn pointed at him with a scowl situated upon her pale features. Alas, above them, staring intently sat the mockingbird chuckling at the scene before him.

"What sort of imbecile arms an assassin with his own blade?"

The mockingbird flies from the roof, unseen by all, a majestic dagger in his claws, which he drops to the feet of the small man. As Visenya looks closer, a letter has also landed next to the blade. The words scribed onto the parchment, 'Your reward following our game of cards. I do hope it aids you as it has me in the past.' The letter signed off not with a name but the image of the mockingbird.

"Good morning, Princess!"

Visenya jolted at Nera's happy greeting and the sunlight now pouring into the room. Groaning at the sudden awakening, she realized that she had slept well for the first time in weeks. Sitting up in her bed, she watched Nera go about her room.

"I hope you've had a good sleep, Princess," Nera smiled as she poured fresh water into the basin. "When Prince Valarr saw you were still asleep when he awoke, he asked me to leave you be so you could catch up on the sleep you have been unable to find." She walked over to Visenya and held out her morning gown, a new staple to her wardrobe courtesy of Nera. As Visenya climbed out of bed, yawning wide as she did, Nera smiled softly as she helped the Princess into the gown, "And it seems he was right; you look refreshed this morning."

"Thank you for saying so, dear Nera." Visenya squeezed Nera's shoulder as she walked over to the basin to rid her face of sleep, helping her to finally feel awake. "While my dreams were vivid, sleep finally came over me, and I slept as solid as a newborn babe."

"I'm so happy to hear that," Nera grinned, taking her place behind Visenya to do her hair once the princess sat in front of her vanity. "I started to worry about how tired you were starting to look." As she began brushing Visenya's long white hair, a teasing smile appeared on her face, "And were your vivid dreams about anyone in particular?"

"Nera!" Visenya exclaimed, feigning her shock at Nera's tease. The previous night the two had giggled when Visenya spoke of the kiss she and Robb had shared.

Nera only smirked at her through the mirror as she began twisting the long tresses into an updo, "I can think of no better match than you and Lord Stark. The way he looks at you is something we women only dream of seeing."

A faint blush appeared on Visenya's cheeks as she watched Nera's hands expertly twist and pin, "Robb is a kind and gentle soul. I am honored by his caring words and noble actions."

"He's the lucky one, Princess," Nera pointed at her reflection in the mirror. "Since you arrived, you have shown us all what a caring and loving person you are." She turned to gather a dress for Visenya, knowing the princess would be with the young Stark boys today. "And I've never seen Bran and Rickon take to someone so quickly as they have with you. They look up to you as if you are the stars that glisten in the midnight sky."