Chapter 7: War memories

*Sorry I haven't been around for a while, I took a vacation recently and haven't got around to working on this book even if I planned to but got distracted by something else. Like the fourth of July and to my fellow Americans happy late freedom day! It's our time to be stupid and reckless! who cares what the other countries think am I right? Anyways thanks for being patient my people and I hope you enjoy this chapter.*

*WARNING THIS CHAPTER FEATURES CYBERTRONIAN BLOOD AND GORE!*

*Listen to Dark Piano -PTSD by Lucas King on youtube to add effect to the chapter.*

"Medic! Medic Ahhh! Someone, please help!" The screams of her brethren echoed through the rattled and peppered craters of Thunderhead Pass, a thick fog of smoke covered the valley providing the enemy with cover as darkness began to fall on the land. Energon-powered bullets flew everywhere, leaving it difficult for most to even hide from the fatal weaponry.

One such unlucky Decepticon had the misfortune to have his entire arm blown off from Autobot mortar fire, now the young cybertronian was stuck in a fresh crater Energon pouring from his open wounds, shrapnel embedded into his side from both the mortars and his own armor.

Another young cybertronian watched the poor mech in horror as he bled out, her blue optics widening at the sight of so much Energon staining the ground as the mech screamed in agony.

She felt a shiver run through her body as she hid in the trench alongside her brethren all watched the Decepticon bleed out unable to help.

Shatter considered the idea of attempting to help which quickly was extinguished when a comrade from farther down the line could not stand the mech suffering any longer and pulled himself from the trench ignoring his comrade's calls for him to get back down.

The mech did not take more than two steps when a tracer round pierced his helm making his helm jerk back the bullet tearing his head in half blowing brain matter and Energon back into the trench staining other Decepticons armor with bright blue blood.

The body fell immediately with a loud thud.

"Primus..." Shatter heard one of her fellow Decepticons mutter in disgust and despair.

This was too much.

She never thought war could be so...

Cold.

A few Autobot Seekers flew by scanning the battlefields for stragglers until Decepticon seekers chased them shooting them down in a burst of flames.

Shatter heard the whoops and cheers of her comrades who damned the Autobots to the pit. She did not join in, too lost in thought. She could still remember when this was sought to be avoided.

When everyone was hesitant to fire upon their people their friends and brothers and sisters.

The cheers did not last as the injured Decepticons cries picked up again from the fog, hearing his comrades must have given the poor mech one last burst of hope. Nobody moved and continued to listen to their comrade's cries out for help unable to do anything at the risk of their own lives.

No one could spot how far away the mech was, the fog was thick and dark the only light came from the Energon tracer rounds from Autobot guns.

The mortars still rained down on the battlefield throwing smoke and debris everywhere making it to where a cybertronian couldn't even see their own servos in front of them. 

Few Decepticons were able to return fire, the Autobots had more ammunition and had the ability to suppress them for the whole stellar cycle. The risk of firing back was too great, one stray bullet from the storm of bullets was all it took to return you to the allspark.