Chapter Two

It was two weeks after my nikah with Aman and we were set to go on our honeymoon. He had picked Zanzibar for our honeymoon because I was indecisive.

     "Are you sure you aren't forgetting anything?" Aman asked me, helping me put my travel luggage in the trunk of the car.

     "No I'm not." I answered. I got into the passenger's seat and waited for Aman to hop into the driver's seat.

     "Are you ready habibti?" he smiled.

     "More than ever." I returned his smile.

     Aman has been nothing but sweet since we got married. I closed my eyes and prayed to God. Ya Allah, may our love last and may we always be happy.

     The drive to the airport was fast. Aman put our bags on a trolley and asked me to go ahead to check in while he took the car for parking at the airport's lot. He joined me about fifteen minutes after at the departure lounge with two cups of coffee in his hands.

     "Thank you." I grabbed a cup from his hand and took a sip.

     "I spoke to dad while at the airport's lot. He'll have our stuff sent to our new home so we don't have to come back to Buraydah before leaving for Canada. What do you think?"

     "It's okay. I can't wait to live somewhere new and experience their lifestyle."

     "Attention please! Flight number 1165 Qatar Airways going from Buraidah, Nayef bin Abdulaziz, Saudi Arabia (ELQ) to Zanzibar, Kisauni, Tanzania (ZNZ) is now boarding.
Flight number 1165 Qatar Airways going from Buraidah, Nayef bin Abdulaziz, Saudi Arabia (ELQ) to Zanzibar, Kisauni, Tanzania (ZNZ) is now boarding."

     "Let's go." Aman held my hand and we both walked to the aircraft after going through security.

***

After twenty hours and two stops, we arrived at the airport in Zanzibar. I couldn't wait to get to our hotel. Ever since Aman told me the name of the hotel we were staying at, I looked it up every second I was free. It was beautiful in pictures and I couldn't wait to see it.

A cab was waiting for us by the time we got outside the arrivals. The driver helped to keep our luggage in the trunk and drove us to Zuri Zanzibar. I almost squealed from excitement but contained my joy. It was exactly like the pictures on Instagram, but more beautiful.

Aman had booked an ocean-front suite for us. It was so beautiful. The suite looked like a hut with thatched roof. A hot tub and two lounge chairs laid beautifully in front of the suite. On the beach front stood several palm trees and a table for two.

"This place is beautiful." I finally said.

"I have eyes for the most beautiful places and people in the world." Aman replied, resting his palm on my waist and pulling me to him.

"Stop it!" I chuckled and pulled away from him.

He pouted and put his palm over his chest. "Ouch Habibti! Ouch!"

I giggled and ran into the suite. The walls were made of wood and had a sliding door that overlooked the front porch. I sat down on the King sized bed and looked around the room. There was a flat screen television to the side and a door that led to the bathroom.

     Aman walked into the suite with our luggage and kept them inside the wardrobe. "So you left me to bring our luggage all by myself huh?" he asked, walking towards me with a devilish grin.

     "Stay away from me Aman Ubaid." I giggled. I didn't know if I'd ever get used to the butterflies in my belly whenever Aman was around me.

     "You're stuck with me forever, Aisha Muhammad." He sat down beside me and pulled me into a hug. I laid my head on his shoulder and let him caress my back.

     "Every time I pray, I thank Allah for blessing me with such a wonderful husband." I said softly.

     "I couldn't have asked for a better spouse than you. I love you, Aisha."

     "I love you too, Aman."

     "I want you to promise me something habibti." Aman said and I looked up at him.

     "What's that?"

     "I want you to promise me that we'll never go to bed mad at each other."

     I let out a small laugh. "Why would we go to bed mad at each other?"

     "Couples fight all the time. No matter what happens between us, I want us to sit down and talk it out like two adults. We should never let our fights get to the next day. Whenever I do something you're not comfortable with, do let me know. I'll also let you know if I'm not comfortable with certain things. Communication is key in every relationship. I want us to have the best and healthiest relationship, Aisha. I don't want you to ever feel that you're below me. You're my wife, my friend, my partner, my confidant, my everything."

     "In shaa Allah Aman. I'll try not to annoy you too much." I joked.

     "Talking about annoying me. If you do not want me to get annoyed, let your hair down. You look more beautiful with your hair flying around the house instead of tied up in a bun or ponytail." Aman said, then pulled my hijab off my head. He removed the ribbon that packed my hair together and my hair fell down to my back.

     "Much better." he smiled.

     "We should freshen up and get dinner. Go ahead and shower while I unpack our luggage and arrange them in wardrobe."

     "Alright babe." he kissed me on my forehead and went into the en-suite. I touched the place he kissed me and smiled to myself. I was lucky to have Aman as a husband.

     "Ya Allah. Please make our love stronger and do not let anything come between us."